Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

can any1 tell me if an evo 9 turbo will fit on my evo 4? if it will can any1 tell me what gains i would get?

many thanks matt

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
matt evo4 said:
hi all

can any1 tell me if an evo 9 turbo will fit on my evo 4? if it will can any1 tell me what gains i would get?

many thanks matt
I have a IX 20G on my E4 but the exterior is essentially the same as a stock IX turbo. The turbo will fit no problems although you may need to bend the water line slightly.

The IX turbo will have the ability to make more power than the stock E4 turbo but you need to consider supporting mods as it is not receommended to run the full potential of a IX turbo on a stock E4 engine - the IX turbo can run over 400hp with supporting mods, the E4 engine will not like more than 340/350hp.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
The most important that comes to mind is fueling...fuel pump and injectors, which will in turn mean uprated ECU, either standalone or a reflash on a Evo V ECU.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have got a fuel pump,650cc injectors and a hks fuel reg. what ecu whould you recomend and where would i get 1 from and price ect ect

matt

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Have you already installed the fuel pump and injectors? If you have installed the injectors already Im assuming something on the ECU side has already been done otherwise the car would be over fueling.

If not you could either plug in a Evo V ECU and have it reflashed with the new injectors and turbo or get a standalone - motec, autronics, Apexi PFC...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes thay have been fitted along with a apexi afcr-2, where would i beable 2 buy motec, autronics ect from and how much should i be looking 2 pay?

matt

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Power FC's are about £550 e.g. http://www.flat4online.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cName=lancer-evolution-ecu

I think you can ECUTEK a later ECU (V+) to run your 650cc injectors, which would preserve the safety functions of the std ECU, but it is much more difficult than just tweaking the map with std (V+) 560cc injectors...

Are you running standard EVO IV bearings, pistons & rods btw? And which cams?

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all pistons,rods and cams ect are all standered at the moment, i will be getting a uprated evo 6 engine in the summer

matt

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Sounds good :D

I run a V engine in mine and it goes really well, even on just 1.4-1.5 bar boost :D

I'd be a bit worried about running more than 1.4bar on std EVO IV internals, but if you're getting a new engine anyway and get it mapped right then why not :crackup:

Rog

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at the moment i am only running 1bar of boost so it shouldnt be much of a problem. is there anything else i need 2 change or will the evo6 lump fit straight in?

matt

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
You need a new ECU with pin mod to prevent battery draining (or a Power FC etc) and swapping over of various ancillaries like power steering pump, alternator etc IIRC...

Rog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts