Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to unforeseen circumstances I have my Evo8 MR engine for sale. I would like to sell the Inlet manifold, Engine, exhaust manifold and turbo as a complete unit, but may consider splitting if I can find a buyer for the engine.

UPDATE: ENGINE CAN BE SEEN RUNNING.

I bought this engine (Item1) in 2014.
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=474287&highlight=norris

As can be seen from the link in the advert the block was brand new in 2011, bought from Norris with there rod-job upgrade by the previous owner. The engine was described as very low miles.

Unfortunately, after fitting we became aware of a head gasket issue. :shake:

At this point the engine was removed/stripped and rebuilt completely by AC Speedtech. The following work was completed in September 2014 and the car has covered approximately 10,000 miles since then.

The block was decked and crank polished.
New gaskets, seals and tolerances checked etc..
New water pump.
ACL race bearing set (full)
Cosworth metal head gasket
The head was skimmed and WIRE RINGED
Supertech valve stem oil seals (set)
Exhaust guides replaced.
Valves cleaned/recut
Valve seats cut.
New Tomei type R Poncam's fitted. (£490 - I didn't like the Kelford 272, very lumpy at tickover and not suited to the autogearbox)
Piper adjustable pulleys.
BC springs and retainers.
Standard rocker cover.

Inlet manifold fitted with matched set of ASNU 1050cc injectors. (£456)
Idle control valve replaced. (£130)

Evo 9 exhaust manifold. (Apparently better than the 7)

FP White turbo (71HTA) with optional surge inlet port.
Turbo inlet pipework including Evo 9 metal recirc valve.
An Evo 7/8/9 turbo outlet and an Evo 4/5/6 turbo outlet.

NOW THE BAD PART.

I am selling because I have shunted the front end of the car on a trackday (No insurance) and don't want to throw any more money at it having it repaired.

The off-side chassis rail has contacted the power steering pulley and the idle pulley, so these will probably need replacing. The turbo also needs a replacement actuator, but still spins freely with no end float. The engine is still in the car at present so can be inspected, but can't be run for obvious reasons.

Prices, assuming I can find a buyer for the engine:-
Inlet manifold including ASNU injectors. £400
Tall engine. SOLD
FP White Turbo excluding actuator. £550
Evo 9 metal recirculating valve. £75
Turbo outlet elbows. £50 each.
Turbo inlet pipework. £50.

Engine would be sold as seen and COLLECTION ONLY.
Contact number 01524 823214

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just for clarification I won't be selling the items separately unless I have a buyer for the engine.

The marshals at the track were a bit over enthusiastic to use there extinguishers to put out steam from the radiator.:wallbang:

I hosed the powder off when i got home hence the rusty appearance of the parts.

A friend has the same turbo with only 750cc injectors mapped by the same tuner I used and his made 450hp. :D

As mentioned the chassis rail has come into contact with the power steering pulley, which will need further investigation by the buyer.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
So if i understand correctly there is no guarantee in what condition the engine is? It was in full working order prior the incident but it hasnt run since due to damage you described?

It might as well be damaged?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So if i understand correctly there is no guarantee in what condition the engine is? It was in full working order prior the incident but it hasnt run since due to damage you described?

It might as well be damaged?
Basically that's correct.
Sold as seen, but the professional people that have looked at the damage with me don't see a big problem with the engine. I would recommend that anyone buying the engine should change the belts while it's out and drop the sump to have a check inside.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
recon a lot of people will be put off paying all that for an engine that could endup being damaged, don't you think it would be worthwhile even getting it properly checked etc then that gives both party's peace of mind, is the crank pulley etc straight or has that been touched to?

Just my 2p worth :)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
recon a lot of people will be put off paying all that for an engine that could endup being damaged, don't you think it would be worthwhile even getting it properly checked etc then that gives both party's peace of mind, is the crank pulley etc straight or has that been touched to?

Just my 2p worth :)
I'm actually asking less for the engine than I paid for it before I had it rebuilt. It's one of those situations in which I am making people aware of the circumstances. The crank pulley was not touched in the impact and as mentioned the "professional" people that have viewed the car think the engine damage is minimal. That's no guarantee though, but we are talking a high performance engine so while it's out, belt changes in my opinion, is a must. The car itself doesn't look too bad, but I don't want to throw any more money at it having it repaired. Regarding a guarantee, I don't think any private seller could offer one. I don't have any control over who, in the future, will work on the engine, however competent their workmanship may be, or what procedures they may use in commissioning an engine install. There are far too many variables to offer a guarantee in my opinion. I can however, offer paperwork to substantiate the work I have had done to the engine in the past.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts