Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just swap complete evo9 along with evo9 engine harness but using existing evo7 chassis wiring.The problem is that I got 4 acd plugs 1from e9 engine harness and 2nd from existing evo7 chassis harness.I am really confused.I plug on acd ecu on both but not at the same time my acd pump could not start on ignition engine off on full throttle kindly help.Thank you

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
There will be no easy fix :eek:

You're going to have to modify either the E9 "Contol Loom" or the E7 chassis loom. I would suggest the latter as the E9 loom includes both ABS and AYC "ECU's"

Download the manuals from MLR, membership required, or elsewhere

You will need a month of Sundays to sort it out . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Grants Thank you for your reply and advice

There will be no easy fix :eek:

You're going to have to modify either the E9 "Contol Loom" or the E7 chassis loom. I would suggest the latter as the E9 loom includes both ABS and AYC "ECU's"

Download the manuals from MLR, membership required, or elsewhere

You will need a month of Sundays to sort it out . . .
Thank you Grant for your reply and advice I also used the e9 chassis harness but e7 dashboard wiring still no response to ayc pump. can we modify the e7 dashboard loom to work with the e9 chassis and engine harness? Thank you

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
What model of E7 do you have, JDM or EUDM (inc UK RSII)?

To change the dash loom could well include the ETAC's "black box". You do NOT want to go there :eek:

I await your reply, but at this time I would be inclined to go back to the E7 chassis loom ??

·
North Scotland R.O
13,410 Posts
There are different Acd Ecu's, I've had a similar issue in the past that I fixed by fitting an Acd Ecu with different part number ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are different Acd Ecu's, I've had a similar issue in the past that I fixed by fitting an Acd Ecu with different part number ;)
Thank you for your advice mate I already try 3 different acd ecu 1from evo7 evo8 and evo9 still nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
the problem is the looms

as ive converted my 8 to 9 as well

what i found out is the ayc connectors are in the engine loom of the 9 and the car loom on the 8 which isnt going to work

in the end i had to get a dash loom for a 9

but theres 2 different variations to looms as well

one with auto headlights other with manual

so you need to see which loom you have and match to the dash loom or buy complete 9 engine and dash loom and fusebox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts