Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
i just jacked the drivers side up & in neutral i cant turn the front wheel, does this mean i have a lsd front diff??

i would assume it does & not the normal open type diff

cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply Rog :)

maybe i should ask the question this way- if my gsr has a open front diff i should be able to turn one front wheel freely, when opposite front wheel is on the ground??

cheers

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Nope - it won't turn whatever the diff is if the rears are on the ground too, I don't think :confused:

I remember reading somewhere that you can't tell whether a front LSD is fitted unless you look in to the diff itself, but I could be wrong...

Rog :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i tried it the drivers side rear was off the ground as well, as the driverside front.

when i tried to turn the driverside front (which only turned 10deg or so), i noticed the rear hub trying to turn as well. :confused:

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
That sounds right m8...

"the rotation test will not work to test whether you have a front lsd due to the type of lsd (torsen t2). the only way to tell is to take out the drive shafts and look down the hole. if you can see a cross shaft then its an open front diff. no cross shaft = lsd."

Rog :cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so with what ive tried, you will get the same result for a open/lsd front diff.

hmm, well i cbf taking a driveshaft out so will have to leave it at that.

thanks very much for your help, Rog

cheers, Andy

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Or just put one side of the car on wet grass and the other on tarmac and boot it and see what happens :crackup:

Cheers ;)

Rog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts