Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm missing the near-side snap-on cover which snaps on underneath the wing covering the adjuster. Would the only supplier be Co-Ord Sport/Ralliart?

Questions I've always wanted to ask but been too scared:

The air intake hole in the front bumper of the TME seems to come up inside the inner wing. But the outlet on mine has a dark patch of material covering it. Has anyone removed this? Seems like a crappy design as the air just 'sits' in that corner until it's pulled into the airbox intake.

What purpose does this little air intake serve? It just kinda sits near the strut top and doesn't seem to supply air anywhere. Has anyone taken advantage of this by designing something useful for it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A: i would say ralliart unless you can get one from a scrap merchant, it isnt just a TME part, so post a mail in wanted section
B: my intake finishes in the wing itself, so it looks like blowdog might of extended the pipe, and then put material over it to stop the engine bay getting covered in crap (on mine i have taken what is left of the airbox off of the wing (i can still see it in your pic 2)
C: on the ralley cars this is open, so air goes into a large sealed air box, go to blades site, he has the same sort of box

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do like Claudius, take off the intake plastic parts from the front bumper to the airbox and replace with a direct flex tube of the right size, put a blitz filter and remove the small plastic thing from the naca air intake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The E5 rear spoiler adjuster caps are only £3.30 from Co-ordSport, however they dont seem to list the TME parts, give them a ring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave,
If you have a look at the link below, you will find pictures of the modfication I did on my E6 to remove the air intake pipework and run a basic cold air feed pipe up to the standard airbox.

Andy

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evo/files/Modded Inlet/

p.s. not sure if you have to be a member of the group to access the files but if you do, it's dead easy to sign up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts