Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanting clean working AYC pump for Evo6.

NO LONGER NEEDED.

·
Premium Member
20,577 Posts
Yours kaput ?Is it salvageable? Optionto use a DIY rebuild kit , costs circa 100 quid :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Yours kaput ?Is it salvageable? Optionto use a DIY rebuild kit , costs circa 100 quid
I would advice against that, mine was previously rebuild with a UK DIY kit and the materials were very inferior, the middle seal for instance crumbled away very soon, so the fluid could get pretty much everywhere and a few months later it was in for a complete rebuild

·
Premium Member
20,577 Posts
Optionto ?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
Option to :angel:

I would advice against that, mine was previously rebuild with a UK DIY kit and the materials were very inferior, the middle seal for instance crumbled away very soon, so the fluid could get pretty much everywhere and a few months later it was in for a complete rebuild
Kikiturbo on here does kits methinks .....havent heard bad about them , i know personally of one chap who rebuilt his AYC pump with a kit ( solenoids obviously need to be in good condition /not crumbling lol )
I also had a mate who rebuilt his few years back with his own ingenuity and access to many things via his trade in pipe fitting etc ......but using the safe route of the likes of Mr Hockley or such is understandable , yet less cheapski :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,577 Posts
Anyway , back on topic ...apologies Mr WaterEvo6 :mhihi:....hope you find a reasonably priced pump :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
thats becuase you bought a cheap one off ebay

where if you get a proper kit from evolution hydraulics you wouldnt of had that issue its as simple as that

buy cheap expect issues just to save some money

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
thats becuase you bought a cheap one off ebay

where if you get a proper kit from evolution hydraulics you wouldnt of had that issue its as simple as that

buy cheap expect issues just to save some money
It was rebuilt by the importer, I'm still arguing with him to get at least the pump rebuild covered..
He didn't name a source, simply said it came from the UK

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EVOTUNE have sourced me one .
Thanks everyone but no longer need one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts