Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i had a look at these on a 5 and seems that they would fit staright onto a 6. They are the tacky black plastic things that duct from the front splitter towards the front disks. Anyone tried this ... just trying to find out if this will actually do anything or whether i need to stump up the ludicrous cost for the PE cooling kit. Presumably because the 5 had less disk warp problems those ducts must be helping somewhere along teh line.

BTW: i am going AP 6 kit in any case so not really expecting disk warp - thats providing i ever get my bloody new car .... rate i'm going i got more chance of getting a new set of lungs :(

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I am sure you can make your own ducting up. Demon Tweaks sell pretty much everything you would need.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
HH6 - i'm crap at that sort of thing though, was always watching batman instead of blue peter when I was a little blighter

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I see my friend that runs SCCA Touring using a flexible aluminium tube, the kind used to let air out a drying machines to the outside of the house. Here in the States you can buy it at Home Depot or Pergament for a little less that 5 dollars a piece, all you really need is one since it extends pretty well. He has it attached to the bumper of his VR6, you can easily attach it to the vents that are next to your fog lights. I did it to my Evo 5; I made two small incisions at the end of the tube across from each other and held it to the grills with two small, black tie down straps. Make sure you make the incisions nice and square, orelse the cut will run and detach a ring from the tube, leaving the tube hanging ready to be donated to the road gods. :D The stuff is very light, so no worries that your grill will fall off. Ran it along the side wall and attached it to the end of the already existing ducts. Don't know if its working well, really haven't been able to compare just yet. Summere time is coming soon! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts