1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was mapped today with some changes,

Evo400 WRC 4" housing
Aps Exhaust

Running less boost than before (was 1.65-1.7 now just above 1.5 bar boost)

Who can ever doubt Sam/Dave aka EVO400 with figures "TORQUE" like this with standard cams and 1.5 bar boost :D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
good results stuart, managed to wipe the smile off your face yet???

couple of questions though...

1, where is the boost curve?
2, why does the graph stop at under 6K?
3, how is it possible to reduce boost pressure and increase torque/power???

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
evo400 said:
1: will get stuart to get jim to print the boost curve as it would be good to show how it spools up !

2:the graph stopped @ 5800rpm because of a rear wheel wobble problem !!

3: magic !!
:D

dave
come on dave, seriously how is it possible to drop the boost but increase the power/torque??? assuming ofcourse that both times sam had mapped it to its full potential.

does having that 4'' shroud mean that all intake pipes must be at least 4'' and also the pipe from the filter??

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
evo400 said:
3: magic !!
:D

dave
Dave you have such a way with words ;)

-- Serious Question --

* Can this 4" housing be applied to other Evo turbo's seeing as its a replaceable unit? For instance could it be fitted to the TDO5 on my Evo5 etc?

* How much of an improvement does the new 4" housing offer in relation to your existing turbo package?

Regards,
Brian

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WULLIE said:
come on dave, seriously how is it possible to drop the boost but increase the power/torque??? assuming ofcourse that both times sam had mapped it to its full potential.

does having that 4'' shroud mean that all intake pipes must be at least 4'' and also the pipe from the filter??
Yip, got 4" inlet all the way in mate ;)

Car is very, very strong ;)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
evo-7 said:
shhh dont tell him :D he should now, judging by the amount of arguments he has, he should know everything :rolleyes:
you were right i did know i was just confirming my suspicions thats all :rolleyes:

so is there an explanation as to how lowering boost can raise torque and power??

1 - 20 of 104 Posts