Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just a couple of questions for any1 that knows there stuff about ECU's... ive jus recently put a evo6 ECU in my 4, what are the options i have to get my fuelin an air setup? will i have to put it to a tuner or could it be geekmapped or that? i spoke to a tuner an he told me that my only option was to Ecuflash chip it?

sorry if this has been spoken about many times before did have a quick look thro the threads but thought it'd be easier to just ask!

Any help would be Fantastic :handsup:

Cheers Michael

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Can be geekmapped (ecuflash) or done by a tuner (ecuflash or ecutek)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the ecuflash? what is needed for this to be done?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
ecuflash or ecutek as has been said.ecutek is mainly used by full time tuners/garages as its a commercially made programme.ecuflash is an opensource programme which has probably had more development work done to it than ecutek.you will be hard pushed to find a full time tuner who uses ecuflash.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jus havin a look at old posts an that! if i wer to get an ecuflash done would i need to get a wideband o2 sensor?

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
If your mapping the car yourself then yes, if not then the mapper will have the wideband to check afr's:smthumbup

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah ok then thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow guys im guna have to say, ive jus sat an read thro an step to step breakdown of how ecuflash etc works! to all you geekmappers out there i lay my hands down to you guys! hail hail :adore:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
wow guys im guna have to say, ive jus sat an read thro an step to step breakdown of how ecuflash etc works! to all you geekmappers out there i lay my hands down to you guys! hail hail :adore:
its not too bad once you get into it :smthumbup

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah getting into it will be the biggest part! its jus so complex! where would u even start to begin..... think ill jus leave it to u experts!

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
yeah getting into it will be the biggest part! its jus so complex! where would u even start to begin..... think ill jus leave it to u experts!
It seems that way at first but as everything once you get used to the different parts it all comes together and is easily understood, just the old practice makes perfect :smthumbup

Scott

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hopefully meetin up with a geekmapper from aberdeen area in the next month or 2 so ill see how we go from there... Get him to show me the basics an work on it from there!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
he tuning part is easy....its just getting the stupid computers to do what you want them to do :wallbang::lol:

I bet ecutek is dream to use compared to ecuflash/evoscan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts