Lancer Register Forum banner

evo3 better handling car than evo6?

4K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Mick429 
#1 ·
Hi guys me and my friends were debating on which car from standard is a better allround handling car on track or on road, Through bens and curves. please let us know what you guys think.

#10 ·
what about that vid that was out last year.. think another clarkson thing where he compared all the evos.. and there was very little between them on tarmac..

tho myself i would have thought they would get better with each model..

#15 · (Edited)
With out a doubt in there standard form the evo 6 is gonna be alot better thats evolution for you and the driver has got alot to do with it as well. But, there is so much you can do with these cars and an evo 3 is very capable with the correct mods to easily give an evo 6 a run for its money and more. For the price of an evo 6 you can get an evo 3 and spend 6k+ on it and have a far better car for your money and still no gay y c :D . Look at Nigels evo 3 for starters. It would eat evo 6's for breakfast, 7's for lunch and 8's for dinner on a cost comparison. The money he has spent on that car + the price of the car he could have prob got and evo 6 or above but there is no way on this earth it would be as good as his evo 3. That car is a monster :eek:

But in standard for even though the evo 3 is lighter, simply, the evo 6 is gonna be better ;)

#17 ·
Or just buy a Fiesta down the scrap yard for £50, spend £6k "doing it up" and it'll eat VIs for breakfast!!! So there, Fiestas are better than VIs when you throw in lots of variables that insist the VI must remain standard but the VIs competitor can be modded!

:rolleyes:

#19 ·
Aidy said:
Or just buy a Fiesta down the scrap yard for £50, spend £6k "doing it up" and it'll eat VIs for breakfast!!! So there, Fiestas are better than VIs when you throw in lots of variables that insist the VI must remain standard but the VIs competitor can be modded!

Like you say pritty much any car once some money has been thrown at it can be good. But this is an evo forum so why use a fiesta as an example :rolleyes: we are talking evo's mate nothing else. As I stated in my post the evo 6 is gonna be better than the 3 in there std form but on the flip side of the coin 12k worth of evo 6 and 12k worth of evo 3 is a different story. ;)

#20 ·
Aidy said:

You can't buy whole cars from the scrap yard any more ;)

We tried to buy a 1800 gsr lancer that had been taken into the scrap yard the same day (for a track toy). We know the owners of the scrap yard and we still couldn't buy it off them.

#21 ·
MKS said:
what about that vid that was out last year.. think another clarkson thing where he compared all the evos.. and there was very little between them on tarmac.
Hot metal ... that was a couple of years ago. And the Evo 1 used in the head to head slalom was evo3ben's old car :D (he was evo1ben at the time)

To be fair, Ben's car was modified ... coilvers and increased power being the main factors. The VIII was an MR340.

Clarkson's driving style was also a little different between the two cars. He treated Ben's car with a little more respect than the MR, and his tidier lines probably helped too :)

There are a few comments on this thread that were made at the time IIRC ...

#22 ·
mr marcus said:
Hi guys me and my friends were debating on which car from standard is a better allround handling car on track or on road, Through bens and curves. please let us know what you guys think.
6 without question there is no debate its a retarded question, ok i drive a 6 yes but i would not question it over a 9, the 9 is by far te better car :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Mick429 said:
Hot metal ... that was a couple of years ago. And the Evo 1 used in the head to head slalom was evo3ben's old car :D (he was evo1ben at the time)

To be fair, Ben's car was modified ... coilvers and increased power being the main factors. The VIII was an MR340.

Clarkson's driving style was also a little different between the two cars. He treated Ben's car with a little more respect than the MR, and his tidier lines probably helped too :)

There are a few comments on this thread that were made at the time IIRC ...
Nice one Mick ;) was a good day :cool: Just thought i would say that my old evo 1 didnt have coilovers or springs on and i turned the boost controller off before i let clarkson drive it.
How bad was the clutch in the 8 when he came back :eek:

#25 ·
evo3ben said:
Just thought i would say that my old evo 1 didnt have coilovers or springs on and i turned the boost controller off before i let clarkson drive it
Really? Didn't realise that :eek: The old girl did good then :D

You're not wrong ... that clutch did smell a bit though :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.