Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys me and my friends were debating on which car from standard is a better allround handling car on track or on road, Through bens and curves. please let us know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The comparisson between the 3 and the 6 is pointless unless its between a 3 and a 6RS. The 6GSR will always be a better handling car due to its AYC etc than any of the early evos :)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
To be honest the E6 either RS or GSR will out handle and grip a E3, mainly due to the wider track and wider rubber.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Having owned both the 6 has a spooky way of getting you out of trouble, its certainly the better handling car. The 3 might be a bit more fun though!! :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
what about that vid that was out last year.. think another clarkson thing where he compared all the evos.. and there was very little between them on tarmac..

tho myself i would have thought they would get better with each model..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive driven both and tbh I dont think on the road you notice much difference, maybe on the limit on a track its more noticeable. I find the early evos feel more fun though :)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,879 Posts
yellow submarin said:
Now that depends on the setup!!! certain evo 3's have a very good setup which i thing will handle better than a standard 6GSR
Your point being?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
With out a doubt in there standard form the evo 6 is gonna be alot better thats evolution for you and the driver has got alot to do with it as well. But, there is so much you can do with these cars and an evo 3 is very capable with the correct mods to easily give an evo 6 a run for its money and more. For the price of an evo 6 you can get an evo 3 and spend 6k+ on it and have a far better car for your money and still no gay y c :D . Look at Nigels evo 3 for starters. It would eat evo 6's for breakfast, 7's for lunch and 8's for dinner on a cost comparison. The money he has spent on that car + the price of the car he could have prob got and evo 6 or above but there is no way on this earth it would be as good as his evo 3. That car is a monster :eek:

But in standard for even though the evo 3 is lighter, simply, the evo 6 is gonna be better ;)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,879 Posts
Or just buy a Fiesta down the scrap yard for £50, spend £6k "doing it up" and it'll eat VIs for breakfast!!! So there, Fiestas are better than VIs when you throw in lots of variables that insist the VI must remain standard but the VIs competitor can be modded!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Aidy said:
Or just buy a Fiesta down the scrap yard for £50, spend £6k "doing it up" and it'll eat VIs for breakfast!!! So there, Fiestas are better than VIs when you throw in lots of variables that insist the VI must remain standard but the VIs competitor can be modded!

Like you say pritty much any car once some money has been thrown at it can be good. But this is an evo forum so why use a fiesta as an example :rolleyes: we are talking evo's mate nothing else. As I stated in my post the evo 6 is gonna be better than the 3 in there std form but on the flip side of the coin 12k worth of evo 6 and 12k worth of evo 3 is a different story. ;)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Aidy said:

You can't buy whole cars from the scrap yard any more ;)

We tried to buy a 1800 gsr lancer that had been taken into the scrap yard the same day (for a track toy). We know the owners of the scrap yard and we still couldn't buy it off them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts