Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Simon - EVO V
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the X deserves an appreciation thread. Haters need not apply.

Ok, this is the first EVO I've ever owned, and I can understand why olds koolers might hate on the X, but I absolutely adore it.

Only 2 things that I don't like. 1 - the rear wing is so big and at such a position that I can't see who's behind me, but that's just an EVO thing right? 2 - the front sidelights are naff, but thanks to this thread http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=528862&highlight=sidelights and user Kidd - I discovered these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-T10-W5...ht-Bulb-12V-/390784129025?hash=item5afc8c9801 which are a perfect upgrade.

I just love this car. It has sufficient refinement such as good sound system etc, but it's just an incredible car! I got my FQ330 upgraded by Auto Torque to Stage 2, now making 380 bhp, and what a machine! It's a practical family car (albeit with awful fuel consumption), but just so capable! And now that I've started to experiment with switching off the traction control, I can have so much fun in it, even though I'm just a crappy average driver.

Say what you like, the X is an awesome car, even if it's not a "proper EVO"...

:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Absolutely love mine had an 8 before also loved that ! Already got miltek cat back have a cosworth intake wating to be fitted and twin springs and decat but need the remap booked fuel consumption is crap but I didn't expect anything else also just fitted. Carbon front splitter can't upload pics for some reason ��

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
The x is a moderately quick car with horrendous fuel consumption. You might as well get a big diesel 3 series.

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
The x is a moderately quick car with horrendous fuel consumption. You might as well get a big diesel 3 series.
What's so horrendous about the fuel consumption? I routinely see 28mpg on motorways and have even had 33mpg when cruising on A roads.

Horrendous fuel consumption is when you have a Merc ML63 and struggle to ever get over 20mpg out of it:lol:

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
What's so horrendous about the fuel consumption? I routinely see 28mpg on motorways and have even had 33mpg when cruising on A roads.

Horrendous fuel consumption is when you have a Merc ML63 and struggle to ever get over 20mpg out of it:lol:
not seen more than 20 mpg out of mine, rarely rev it hard, just blip up and down the gears below 4 or 5k revs all the time, b roads and back roads. Think its been 18mpg generally. Wouldnt mind if I'd been revving it hard, but for me, economy of a 380hp sst is noticibly bad :lol: worse than the 400hp 5 that I would rev harder and more often

Stu

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
not seen more than 20 mpg out of mine, rarely rev it hard, just blip up and down the gears below 4 or 5k revs all the time, b roads and back roads. Think its been 18mpg generally. Wouldnt mind if I'd been revving it hard, but for me, economy of a 380hp sst is noticibly bad :lol: worse than the 400hp 5 that I would rev harder and more often

Stu
Then clearly you must be nothing but a young hooligan:crackup:

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Then clearly you must be nothing but a young hooligan:crackup:
im 39, i'll gladly accept the young bit :lol:

I suspect it is because I find the exhaust note addictive, its a straight through with no cat or obvious boxes, but the low down revs sound mixed with the sst gear changes :smthumbup :naughty:

Stu

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
out of interest whats the reg of the 10 with the carbon bits on the bonnet and wings?

Stu
God I can't remember it was an 08 plate I bought it in August 2008 and sold it in July 2010. Bough the current one in March 2016

Reactions: stu8
1 - 20 of 109 Posts