Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo X special edition

21K views 187 replies 52 participants last post by  Evomentalist 
#1 ·
#10 · (Edited)
Oh FFS, not SST. And white does nothing of me either! Lived with the SST box for 3 years now. Do NOT want another one. Flaky, unpredictable, dim witted pile of Getrag crap. My one regret over buying mine is not going manual.

Regarding the power, take that article with a pinch of salt. They've taken one part of the statement, "but also ensured the cars have the right standard equipment to deliver the performance we want" and are somehow translating that as the most powerful Evo ever? I'd take it to mean some leather, satnav and a few choice tuning parts. If it's an SST, there's no way it'll be over 360bhp. As for price, this needs to be no more than £32k, and wit hat least 330bhp+ The M135i has changed the market entirely, as has the A45 AMG at the upper end. Love the Evo as I do, there's no way it has the quality and residuals to be priced at A45 level, especially with the new Impreza STI only costing £28995 before discounts. Even a new FQ400 couldn't be priced at £50k anymore as the A45 Black Series will match it for power and cost less if rumours are correct.

#11 ·
My local dealer just emailed me a copy of Lance Bradley's (Mitsubishi UK) email to all dealers which pretty much confirms the above:

Dear All,

I’m very pleased to tell you that we have just agreed pricing and production for a final run of Lancer Evolution X, the 40th anniversary edition. There will be a total of 40 cars.

This now allows us to finalise our plans in terms of specification and retail pricing. We will announce full details at the Dealer Conference on March 19th. For those of you who have customers interested in this car you can now tell them that it will be going ahead, and that full details including pricing will be available on March 19th.

With only 40 vehicles available we expect demand to be high. We will advise you at the conference how to reserve cars. Please do not call your VSA to try to reserve a car until after then because they will not be able to do so.

Best wishes

Lance

All that I can tell you beyond the above is that all the cars will be in white solid paint and have the SST transmission

Please let ne know if you have an interest as only 40 cars WILL sell out very quickly indeed

#16 ·
My local dealer just emailed me a copy of Lance Bradley's (Mitsubishi UK) email to all dealers which pretty much confirms the above:

Dear All,

I'm very pleased to tell you that we have just agreed pricing and production for a final run of Lancer Evolution X, the 40th anniversary edition. There will be a total of 40 cars.

This now allows us to finalise our plans in terms of specification and retail pricing. We will announce full details at the Dealer Conference on March 19th. For those of you who have customers interested in this car you can now tell them that it will be going ahead, and that full details including pricing will be available on March 19th.

With only 40 vehicles available we expect demand to be high. We will advise you at the conference how to reserve cars. Please do not call your VSA to try to reserve a car until after then because they will not be able to do so.

Best wishes

Lance

All that I can tell you beyond the above is that all the cars will be in white solid paint and have the SST transmission

Please let ne know if you have an interest as only 40 cars WILL sell out very quickly indeed
excitement gone

#17 ·
Buying them all as SSTs was a mistake - Mitsi will never warranty that box on anything over 360 bhp, so it's immediately a big step down from the 4 year old FQ-400.

Will be intrigued to know what has changed on the basic car that we got as FQs (all of which were MY2008) and these new models which must be MY2014?

#23 ·
Did they never get round to putting forged rods in? Really never learn! The A45 has forged internals and can still be sold, with a Mercedes elitist premium, at £38k. Mind you, I see Subaru have decided to launch the new STI with the old chocolate pistons as well, so I won't be going near that either!
You have to remember that these cars will leave the production line as bog standard JDM Evo X GSRs.

It's only when they arrive in the UK that Colt Car Company tart them up, bolt on some bits, badge them as FQ-3X0 and sell them on using the Mitsubishi brand in the UK.

Hence they will be standard MY2014 Evo Xs in a standard colour with whatever parts CCC decide to add to them.

I wouldn't mind a bet that, if they are all SSTs, then their maximum power output is 330 bhp simply because Mitsubishi hasn't done the testing on that box to warranty it at any power above that.

#21 ·
Did they never get round to putting forged rods in? Really never learn! The A45 has forged internals and can still be sold, with a Mercedes elitist premium, at £38k. Mind you, I see Subaru have decided to launch the new STI with the old chocolate pistons as well, so I won't be going near that either!

#24 ·
If they bring out one with a forged motor, and stronger gearbox, more than 400hp, and have ditch the Nav unit, then there is a small chance it could be good

Really interested to see what they pull out the bag here, as time has moved on from 2008, and most hot hatches come with 300-330 hp these days. Hell, some sporty diesel aren't far off

If they release a 330hp SST as a "special" version with stick on carbon fibre on it, then I will pish myself.

I might even buy one and spray it burgundy just for the hell of it.

Also, all the Evo X owners who were lucky enough to grab a white one first time round.............

Congratulations! Your car will be now worth even less.

#30 ·
Well it should have the newer center dash display, the 2010+ Ralliart style rear lights, the newer wider side skirts, and the new 2014 nav unit...hopefully ;)
All gash.

You can't bring out a "new" edition, and keep all the old, slightly updated tat from nearly 5 years ago.

New cars from other companies and full LED dashes, the electronic hardware is integrated. Not just a lumped on sat nav.

Its all just speculation at the moment.

I'm not hopeful it will be any better than what is already an awful car.

Id like to be wrong though, but I never am

#28 · (Edited)
Great, a reversing camera, because I don't have a neck that turns round.....oh, wait ;)

I was quite excited about the limited edition until today, and was giving serious consideration to buying one, but the worst colour (IMHO) and that f**king gearbox again....they will have to come up with something REALLY special.

And why SST? Why? It's rubbish!!! It drives me nuts every day I drive it!

As for colour, the new 2014 colours are pretty atrocious but Phantom Black or Cosmic Blue would have been preferable.

#31 ·
Great, a reversing camera, because I don't have a neck that turns round.....oh, wait ;)

I was quite excited about the limited edition until today, and was giving serious consideration to buying one, but the worst colour (IMHO) and that f**king gearbox again....they will have to come up with something REALLY special.

And why SST? Why? It's rubbish!!! It drives me nuts every day I drive it!

As for colour, the new 2014 colours are pretty atrocious but Phantom Black or Cosmic Blue would have been preferable.
you really don't like the SST do you? :lol:

#41 ·
Do these people not listen to public opinion???
Nope. Hence all the maroon X's they bought.

I don't think they have a clue what they are doing. The execs drive around in chrome wrapped X's thinking they are awesome, when they look like douchebags

I even bet you Lance Bradley refers to himself, in the 3rd person, as "The L-Brad".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.