Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a service a couple of months early and the service period (miles and months) hadn't reset. It came on the other day so I reset it and it said 2600 miles/8 months. I tried to clear it again now it says 2600 miles/ 20 months!

Is there a way to reset properly? Or even set the number of months manually?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
:mitsi: dealers use their diagnostic linkup to correctly reset the miles / months.

Every time I play with the rest button - I get 12 months added, just as you found out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-how-tos-installations/336950-need-how-turn-off-reset-periodic-inspection.html#post5949582

To return it back to 8 months, change the servicing schedule temp to EU6 (or anything) then return it to EU10. Once those 2.6k miles or 8 months run down - then do another reset to +10k / +12 months. This is just a quick hack way to stop the service light - otherwise as Jabo indicates - you need the linkup to reset to zero properly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:mitsi: dealers use their diagnostic linkup to correctly reset the miles / months.

Every time I play with the rest button - I get 12 months added, just as you found out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e...ff-reset-periodic-inspection.html#post5949582

To return it back to 8 months, change the servicing schedule temp to EU6 (or anything) then return it to EU10. Once those 2.6k miles or 8 months run down - then do another reset to +10k / +12 months. This is just a quick hack way to stop the service light - otherwise as Jabo indicates - you need the linkup to reset to zero properly.
That looks crazy complicated for a simple thing! But that's great thanks, I'll give that a go and if I break it (which I probably will) I guess I'll just have to take it to Mitsu, which I hate doing cause they're crap.

Hopefully they could manage that though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts