Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here and need some advice!

I am trying to decide on a Brandnew X RS or a used X FQ360.
I know i get a warranty with the FQ360 ,but i've had evos in the past and they are pretty bullet proof. More then likely i will end up voiding the warranty with a remap and xaust.
I have a 30k budget in mind and a used 360 cost's abou 26k leaving me with 4k to mod however if i gt a new x rs for 28k it only leaves me with 2k ,but i do get a new car on a new 10 plate :D.

Toughts please!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Newbie here and need some advice!

I am trying to decide on a Brandnew X RS or a used X FQ360.
I know i get a warranty with the FQ360 ,but i've had evos in the past and they are pretty bullet proof. More then likely i will end up voiding the warranty with a remap and xaust.
I have a 30k budget in mind and a used 360 cost's abou 26k leaving me with 4k to mod however if i gt a new x rs for 28k it only leaves me with 2k ,but i do get a new car on a new 10 plate :D.

Toughts please!
not so sure you`ll get a brandnew XRS, don`t know who`s selling em for road use now

·
Registered
663 Posts
...and then you have to spend 10k putting toys on them and you still get left with a rubbish interior.

·
Registered
879 Posts
...and then you have to spend 10k putting toys on them and you still get left with a rubbish interior.
10k mods ? And am sure you said you wanted a X RS to me :crackup:

£1200 exhaust £500 remap £150 induction kit will see you at 400bhp and buy yourself some nice carbon seats and get the door cards and rear seats leatherd for another £2k and the jobs a gooden. Total just under 4k !
Compared to a new fq360 i'd go for a X RS as with the money you save you can turn it into a much better car with personal touches.
If you intend to do a few trackdays etc and are worried resale value then i'd go for a X RS if it's for normal road use then you will never know the difference and might aswell get a fq360 .

X RS Any day :D

Immy

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts
360 is the superior day to day car IMO, I'd miss simple things like decent headlights!... you'll get400/400 even without a remap
Btw, where do you get a £150 inducton kit for a 10? X bits are expensive!

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
What spec is the X RS you're looking at? Unless it's the Tarmac spec (Brembo's, 18" Enkei's and rear spoiler) you'll have to factor brakes and wheels into your budget.

·
Registered
879 Posts
360 is the superior day to day car IMO, I'd miss simple things like decent headlights!... you'll get400/400 even without a remap
Btw, where do you get a £150 inducton kit for a 10? X bits are expensive!
I assumed they are the same price as the previous evo's parts.

Immy

·
Registered
663 Posts
10k mods ? And am sure you said you wanted a X RS to me :crackup:

£1200 exhaust £500 remap £150 induction kit will see you at 400bhp and buy yourself some nice carbon seats and get the door cards and rear seats leatherd for another £2k and the jobs a gooden. Total just under 4k !
Compared to a new fq360 i'd go for a X RS as with the money you save you can turn it into a much better car with personal touches.
If you intend to do a few trackdays etc and are worried resale value then i'd go for a X RS if it's for normal road use then you will never know the difference and might aswell get a fq360 .

X RS Any day :D

Immy
As someone said ....BRAKES.....WHEELS oh and ICE, window tints, nice retrim in the back to get rid of the taxi seats.......yeah , thats 10k alright.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
If you can get carbon seats, door cards and a leather retrim for 2k!!!
Then please pass me on the traders details!

·
Registered
879 Posts
u still bringing these in immy?
Yes will have a couple on the way soon actually.

As someone said ....BRAKES.....WHEELS oh and ICE, window tints, nice retrim in the back to get rid of the taxi seats.......yeah , thats 10k alright.
The tarmac spec car comes with brakes and nice alloys you only need the interior. And you also end up with a brandspanking new car which also hold it's value better then any of it's uk counterparts.

In terms of value the comparsion is odd as he is comparing a used car against a brandnew one 90% of the time it makes sense to buy a used car unless you can afford to buy a brandnew one.
If you can get carbon seats, door cards and a leather retrim for 2k!!!
Then please pass me on the traders details!
Bride do a massive selection of seats am sure you can pick a pair up for £1800 and a retrim of the rear seats and door cards won't cost more then £400 as these are the prices i have had for one of the cars.

Immy

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
X RS without a doubt , Proper evo , no fat

I used mine as a fast road car , didnt miss any comforts as long as you ve got ac and a nice seat to sit in what more do u need ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts