Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have Evo X FQ300 GSR SST 12 plate.

Done a search on juddering resulting in lots of threads but not really covering the symptoms I have.

Under medium to hard braking there is a juddering noise but there is no vibration through steering wheel or pedal.

On my last service I reported a very slight knock on full lock but stealer said they could n't find anything.

I'm going to try some high speed braking to clear pads of dust but I'm inclined to think it may be suspension/bush/bearing issue.

Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Hi,

I have Evo X FQ300 GSR SST 12 plate.

Done a search on juddering resulting in lots of threads but not really covering the symptoms I have.

Under medium to hard braking there is a juddering noise but there is no vibration through steering wheel or pedal.

On my last service I reported a very slight knock on full lock but stealer said they could n't find anything.

I'm going to try some high speed braking to clear pads of dust but I'm inclined to think it may be suspension/bush/bearing issue.

Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated.
Still on standard Shocks?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think shock mounts or damper/spring?
I will take it to my friendly mechanic for a look.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Yip guarantee its the Shocks had same problem changed top mounts stored for about a week put lowering springs on and that finished them off! Stuck coilovers on problem gone 👍

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
At only 20K miles I'd be very surprised if it was the Billies or topmounts causing the issue unless the car had a really rough life. And even if they are the problem wouldn't it be felt through the steering wheel?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I felt mine through the brake pedal more than anything

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
At only 20K miles I'd be very surprised if it was the Billies or topmounts causing the issue unless the car had a really rough life. And even if they are the problem wouldn't it be felt through the steering wheel?
As I write my X is in for coilovers, front Billi knackered, it's a 2009 car and has done 20k miles. Not Great is it..

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Managed 46kout of mine must depend on who owned it previously and how it was treated

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I couldn't feel anything with mine, only the noise, most noticeable at low speeds on full lock, like when parking up.. managed 46k out of mine..
Sounds exactly like my top mounts that went out. Exactly the same symptoms, swapped over to coils now. You will probably find that the top mount has beveled and has moved away from the mounting point.

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
I changed front topmounts on one of mine to get rid of slight knocking. But never had a issue with the OE dampers - mileages varying between 25 and 55k.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Im still on original billies that have covered 25000 miles. No problems what so ever and they still look in tip top condition.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
No, not great at all. What exactly was the issue with it?
Developed a knock/ rattle, front passenger side. Looks like the strut has gone. Apparently there is a weak point I'm the damper that begins to play and gives lateral movement.

I was told some 800 to remove, rebuild, refit and realign. So for some 2300 I'm getting new topmounts all round, KWs fitted and aligned. I love coilovers on a car, a big improvement on handling and damping is so smooth on the road. I was probably going to do it anyway, this was just the perfect excuse....

Given its an FQ400. I will still get the broken Billie fixed. Will clean them up and put them in the attic..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts