Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this car. Noticed it started to stutter on boost in 4th gear. It's started to get worse. When it's about to come on boost it will stutter heavily and pop and bang and send a vibration through the car, it will go up through the rev range but it's abit like it producing no boost at all. I've checked the vac pipes they all look okay. From what I can see all boost pipes took tight.

I've done abit of a search on here looking at a few things like the fuel relay swapped that no different. I'm running it on momentum fuel.

I've only had it a week not even drove it in anger. I've informed the dealer just waiting to hear back.

Car is totally stanadard.

Any thoughts?

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Coil packs?, i also had a similar problem with a perished rubber seal on fuel pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not checked plugs I'm hoping the dealer is going to sort it. Seemed to get worse after I filled up with momentum

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
how the issue comes across it sounds like a lean issue .

have u checked you fuel reg pipe ? i would get it on a dyno or equipment that will tell truth rather than guessing whats going on :)

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuel reg pipe is that the one going to the inlet manifold if so yes that's connected.

I'd prefer not to **** about too much with it I've just paid 18k for it last week, annoying doesn't even come close. Waiting on a call from the dealer to see plan of attack.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Had misfire when the car was used in slow traffic and after being on rolling road for a few runs. No codes at all. Turned out to be exhaust cam sensor. Found by putting an oscilloscope on various sensors, as temperatures rose the signal from that sensor became erratic causing the issue. Might need to find the faulty sensor this way. Took Russ at Hq a while to find it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Took a vid of how the cars behaving. Dealer has told me to ring the warranty which I'm still waiting for an email to get contact details to see if I'm covered I ****ing hope so had the car only 1 week. Highly disappointed.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm not driving it at all it's sat on the drive. :( also Antony I've swapped the relay as per the guide on here, still the same.

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
They do move in that fitting just needs to be airtight, check if this relay sounds like it has sand in it. If so that maybe the issue.

It may likely be a different colour

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Antony I have swapped the fuel pump relay with one of the green relays, no change. Although your correct about original relay sounds like it has sand in it but both green ones sound okay.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I had this exact problem on my 9, was a misfire. Swapped the coil pack and spark plugs and it's been fine since

1 - 20 of 23 Posts