Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine management light came on car still drives perfectly any known cause for this? Was being driven in auto by my wife at the time so certainly wasn't being thrashed

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Engine management light came on car still drives perfectly any known cause for this? Was being driven in auto by my wife at the time so certainly wasn't being thrashed

Can you look at the codes with an OBD2? It's impossible to guess what it could be.

Could be nothing

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Did the engine warning light stay on when the car was started the next time or did it clear? If the later I wouldn't worry too much unless it keeps coming on.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No codes with the reader so cleared it and touch wood it hasn't returned

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just cat back at the moment but that's been on for months

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just cat back at the moment but that's been on for months

Hopefully you're alright then.

Mine was on for months and I only have a catback. I've had the overboost code pop up many times since though (P1235). Depending on the cat back (mine is CTEC) you might need a remap in the future.

Think Ant said it was the trustful cel for boost control. New exhaust can free up air flow so boost can go past limits.

Just something to keep an eye you for

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully you're alright then.

Mine was on for months and I only have a catback. I've had the overboost code pop up many times since though (P1235). Depending on the cat back (mine is CTEC) you might need a remap in the future.

Think Ant said it was the trustful cel for boost control. New exhaust can free up air flow so boost can go past limits.

Just something to keep an eye you for
Cheers mate yeah it getting mapped in the next few weeks new 3port decat and induction kit at the same time

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,840 Posts
Sure it was the engine warning light? Could it have been the AYC warning?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts