Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone went for the non floating and just fitted a standard solid disk design?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about one piece front disks

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the benefit of floating?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do prefer the look of the floating assembly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone went for the non floating and just fitted a standard solid disk design?

Hi,
One-piece discs are fine for everyday usage with OE pads. If you upgrade to higher friction pad material, this can generate higher system temperatures and can cause issues with one-piece discs.

Two-piece discs are all about helping to manage heat. The PFC two piece discs are designed with directional cooling vanes and the casting is of a higher grade than OEM.

A two-piece disc has room to expand and contract as the temperature fluctuates. One-piece discs struggle once you start to get elevated temperatures; because they are a fixed system they don't have the ability to expand without constraint.

I hope the information helps you with your decision. The choice of a particular disc type will depend on your usage and the characteristics of the vehicle.

(They look great too:mhihi:!! )

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I have some second hand girodisc 2 piece discs which I could measure if any use to anyone? Was going to potentially put up a for sale thread at the weekend.

Does anyone know a min thickness for these discs?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have some second hand girodisc 2 piece discs which I could measure if any use to anyone? Was going to potentially put up a for sale thread at the weekend.

Does anyone know a min thickness for these discs?
What condition are these in any pics

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
What condition are these in any pics

Will check when I'm home Saturday if any good for you they look in good condition tiny minor lip but nothing bad bells are in good condition

Will try and find out new and min thicknesses for them

·
Registered
165 Posts

I replaced these Ross Sport one piece grooved with some Girodiscs. They've been in the garage for a few months so there is a bit of surface rust on them. If anyone's interested and can pick up from near Grimsby / Lincoln I'll place an ad. They were on the car about 18 months / 15,000 mls and are front n rear discs, no pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts

I bought some Evo X calipers and discs for my Evo 8 as a cheap brake upgrade, and the discs were a single piece type, so just like a large version of the ones i was taking off, and then bought the 2 piece floating type, and tbh on the road couldn't really say I noticed a different between the 2, maybe on the track there would be less fade on the 2 piece??

Just my 2 pence worth. :lol::lol:

Reactions: jen evo
1 - 20 of 21 Posts