Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as some of you may know my engine is going to get built up to hopefully a healthy 5-600 bhp.... i need the suspension to be done right for the power the car will produce, fast road set up with a few track days here and there, Can someone give me a full list of what i will need to change so its handling can take the power?
Thanks any help and advice will be appreciated!!
Nav

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
The Ohlins DFV's are a very good suspension, well tried and tested, though some say more road orientated than track but if you're more road then I think it'll be fine...

Other choices could be KW V3, Meister GT1 or Nitrons...

I have Ohlins on my 9 and I'm very happy with them :smthumbup

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,835 Posts
what i will need to change so its handling can take the power?
That question makes no sense. Suspension and power are not related. It doesn't matter how much power you have the laws of physics still apply, the more power you have the more you waste when cornering. If you're talking track days then your brakes are probably going to give you more problems than your suspension.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brakes will be upgraded to front and rear alcons with xp8s

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
For mainly road and occasional track I would look at the KW V3, they are well made and work really well.

The Ohlins have had some quality issues lately with knocking and we have seen many go back on warranty.

The other brands to consider would be Nitron, AST and Bilstein :)

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I have a Nitron One Way system with Whiteline ARB's and a Roll Centre Correction Kit. The mechanical grip afforded by this set up is astonishing.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For mainly road and occasional track I would look at the KW V3, they are well made and work really well.

The Ohlins have had some quality issues lately with knocking and we have seen many go back on warranty.

The other brands to consider would be Nitron, AST and Bilstein :)
Thanks for that ant, i will look into it and ive seen the thread with issues on the ohlins! Last thing i need

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have Alcons and found XP8's are not good enough on track with a heavier X, I use XP 10's if that helps. They are brilliant.
Yes i was thinking xp10 but just hated it when i had them on my k sports on my 6 with all the squeaking on road lol and the lovely brake dust... once warmed up tho couldn't fault them!! Rs29 seem to be a common choice?

·
Registered
520 Posts
For a fast road setup, the GT1 with the 2-stage compression sport valving do magic.
It will allow you to run the damper very stiff, but still have a great compliancy.
What that mean is you can have a very responsive suspension that is not harsh over uneven road surfaces.

But it will depends on what you want as well as budget. :)
Just another option.

Jerrick

·
Profound thinker
6,343 Posts
For a fast road setup, the GT1 with the 2-stage compression sport valving do magic.
It will allow you to run the damper very stiff, but still have a great compliancy.
What that mean is you can have a very responsive suspension that is not harsh over uneven road surfaces.

But it will depends on what you want as well as budget. :)
Just another option.

Jerrick
I can vouch for the GT1 setup. Jerrick and team have created a superb damper system at a great price point and really cares about what he's doing with these in real detail. I believe there is a 3 way adjustable being developed and in the pipeline too. Hopefully keenly priced as well.

Jerrick - are you still offering lifetime warranty rebuilds?

Just got my GT1s back yesterday from a total strip and rebuild to the final specification. The guy Jerrick has chosen as technical partner is a bona-fide suspension guru and proper design engineer.

Yours Aye

Mark H

Reactions: Tom Dick

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can vouch for the GT1 setup. Jerrick and team have created a superb damper system at a great price point and really cares about what he's doing with these in real detail. I believe there is a 3 way adjustable being developed and in the pipeline too. Hopefully keenly priced as well.

Jerrick - are you still offering lifetime warranty rebuilds?

Just got my GT1s back yesterday from a total strip and rebuild to the final specification. The guy Jerrick has chosen as technical partner is a bona-fide suspension guru and proper design engineer.

Yours Aye

Mark H
Thanks for that info, im just waiting to finalise what im going for!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts