Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do 02 sensors come with a loom (Pig tail) on them?

I think I may have a break in a cable as I managed to get a CEL when hitting a puddle a few weeks back.
Fast forward to today and I keep getting CEL's for P2253 I think it was. It has been torrential rain which has now turned into sleep and snow. Eventually cleared and car seems to be running ok but it's doing my head in!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Bit of a fiddly job to undo the connector because of limited access where they are housed under the driver seat. Slide the sear right back and you will see where the aperture is.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Undo a phillips screw in the footrest ( for your left foot) and all will be revealed :)

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
If you've been tuned, the rear O2 should be disabled......

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its the front one I think. (Bank A?)

Its cleared now after a little drive. Must have dried off with the heat.
I need to get a pulley or two changed cos they are squeeling their tits off so will get it done at the same time as that.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well was out and about today seeing as it was really nice.
Excess smoke coming out the rear of the exhaust. Must have been unburnt fuel as I used near enough half a tank in 40 miles :eek:

No code though so I'll try and get this changed this week.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What colour smoke? Mine used to put out a bit of black smoke before properly warm on a clear scottish morning.
Never happens on current map and decat.
Must smell nice behind your car for those 40 miles

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:eek: I dont even use that much on one of my infamous autobahn top speed runs :handsup:
Your telling me. Fair drinking going on there!

What colour smoke? Mine used to put out a bit of black smoke before properly warm on a clear scottish morning.
Never happens on current map and decat.
Must smell nice behind your car for those 40 miles
I dunno. Can't tell cos of the tinted windows.
I did check the oil level and hasn't used a drop. Just a heap of fuel gone.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgive me as this may be a stupid question but I'm not very mechanically minded.
As it is chucking all this fuel in, Would I be worth while getting the oil changed to some fresh stuff? Will the oil be contaminated with fuel if it is running that rich as it certainly has a fair smell coming from it?!

Car can't get looked at until middle of next week so it will be granny driving for the time being.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It doesn't look like it is contaminated. Just looks like normal oil but has a whiff of fuel. My Astra GSi was the same at oil change times. I'll get it changed next week to be on the safe side and keep an eye on it. AFR's seem OK anyway now.

·
Premium Member
20,181 Posts
It doesn't look like it is contaminated. Just looks like normal oil but has a whiff of fuel. My Astra GSi was the same at oil change times. I'll get it changed next week to be on the safe side and keep an eye on it. AFR's seem OK anyway now.
If you can smell the fuel get it changed, and in the meantime don't be thrashing the ass off it, we all know what damage that can lead to! ;):smthumbup

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can smell the fuel get it changed, and in the meantime don't be thrashing the ass off it, we all know what damage that can lead to! ;):smthumbup
Ah great! Just what I wanted to hear! Better look for underlying issues yet again to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had my OBD scanner plugged in and monitoring at idle. On the live data screen it shows 02S11 and 02S21 (I think it was)
02S11 fluctuating between 0.85v and just falling flat to 0v, 02S21 is showing N/A as I presume this is disabled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts