Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
The TVR boss once said that traction control ABS etc were "the devils own work" hence TVR's are v tricky to drive in the wet!

but they they look and sound gorgeous!

Mate had one, bought from new, broke down on the way home !!

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
In the dry on a track like Donnington I dont think a 400hp Evo would touch a Tamora , T350, Tuscan 2 or Sagaris.

They are really quick on song - also the braking in the Evo magazine test the T350 out braked everything bar the Westfield (996 TT, 360, Evo, Scoobie and some hyper cars)

Jez

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
wellywells said:
and apparantly the quality is not there anymore in the finishing touches
True ;)

TBH mate the quality issues in the finishing touches are not major at all its the cheap parts they bolt on to the engine that inhibit your fun, oil pressure sender, speedo conectors etc etc

Jez

·
Registered
177 Posts
wellywells said:
I want a tvr, I like the new one they have brought out but its made and owned by russians now and apparantly the quality is not there anymore in the finishing touches
Owned - yes,
I would think that still built by the same people though :rolleyes:

PS As I remember TVR quality was always somewhat under par
PPS Do you see many Russians playing Chelsea

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
InsBro said:
In the dry on a track like Donnington I dont think a 400hp Evo would touch a Tamora , T350, Tuscan 2 or Sagaris.

They are really quick on song - also the braking in the Evo magazine test the T350 out braked everything bar the Westfield (996 TT, 360, Evo, Scoobie and some hyper cars)

Jez
Totally agree, have recently driven T350 and Sagaris and frankly you'll need A LOT of bhp in an Evo to deal with one 0-100. Especially the Sagaris it really does go well....

In the wet at Donny you'd be all over them in a well setup Evo, in the dry you'd be in sandtraps trying to keep up!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
ollieb7 said:
I could beat a TVR every time in my evo as TVR's weigh a ton with all that gold chain / medalion hanging round the necks of the owners! :crackup: ;)
Not a Sagaris you couldn't......it's angry enough to pull the medallions & gold too! :D

I was pretty shocked, it feels very very fast.....and it's doesn't just light the tyres every time you look at the throttle.

I can't imagine rear tyre wear being too hot though! ;)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Rattan said:
How would a MR340 or 400 fair against these beasts?
Well....a 400 seems to be measured at about 10 sec to 100.....even though the Mitsi claimed is 9.1 secs....

A TVR Sagaris is an 8.x second to 100 car and feels like it is actually capable of delivering this....

And based on the WC comparison of the FQ340 & 400, there is not much to chose between them on 0-100.....

So I suspect both would be slapped from 0-100, and 0-150 would compete and utter beating.

I can lay my hands on a Sagaris if someone with a MR400 wants to find out.....

Ben

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
From 50 to *cough* mph i stuffed a 3037 equipped car on the M62 in my Tamora
:D

Jez

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.