Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night me and my brother thought lets see how our cars compare, my car is 360bhp and his is 340-350bhp 2009 s3 manual, i had a 16st passenger and im 18st and brother was alone hes 16st.

So first gear roll upto around 3k then foot down 2nd 3rd 4th evo clearly pulls ahead a few cars length but s3 kept up, then a 2nd gear roll evo pulls ahead by top of 3rd gear, 3rd gear roll to top of 4th gear close evo just pulls ahead but neck on neck.

Just thought id share so i had a realisation it is true 10-20bhp is nothing in the real world.

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
Interesting as you say in the real world as opposed to 'scientific' set up. IF you have seen the first episode of Grand tour where they drag race the holy trinity you will also know how the real world affects things :handsup:

Personally I don't mind/care if a modern fast car is quicker than my VI as the driving exprience is not the same and the Evo is a modern classic that car people appreciate not a modern tool for driving daily that will never be a classic to be honest.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh no passenger next time, and i agree its not all about the straight line speed but its good to show these kids what an evo can do :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts