Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys after selling my EVO VI last year I am feeling very sad. I bought a Civic Type R which is a great fwd car with outstanding performance but I just can't adjust to it. There is too much power there to keep control of, the car wheel spins all over the shop. I have spoken to a couple of companies regarding traction control etc but I don't want to waste my money because I know I won't get it back when I sell it. Maybe Honda should have thought about the climate we have over here, I mean the car is built in Swindon !!!!

What I want to know is when does the EVO VIII look like it will hit the UK, or does anyone have any links to any pictures of the concepts so I can at least decide whether to just go for a VII now or wait for the VIII.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The earliest I would expect to see an Evo 8 is Spring/summer 2003. There haven't been any concept pictures to date, only rumours. These include going to a coupe body, although I personally doubt it.

There is due to be a 7.5 this summer, which is rumoured to be no more than cosmetic changes to the grill and dash. No pictures yet. But first there will be the CCC imported RS2 and their special 300bhp version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a civic type R too and i love it even on rainy days lots of sideways action:)

no complains so far. it s a great car for the money

but traction out of 1 and 2 gears corners will always be difficult even with a LSD
but on 3 and 4 gear corners the car is awesome.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andre you right there, the car once it has grip accelerates amazingly. I have even managed to get the back end out, I just need more grip from the start, that is always going to be the problem going from 4wd to fwd.

The build qualiy on the Honda is excellent as well, and as for the gear change SWEET :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts