Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this over on the Civic Type-R forum..... forewarned is forearmed etc......

Alright Lads,

If you live between the brighton area and crawley no doubt you will know about the A23? (stupid question)

Well if you ever find yourself going down if at (an advanced ) speed, dont as the sussex police now have yes an EVO VIII with blkd out windows and no doubt done up to the nuts.

I saw it the other day chasin some1 damn!!!

I then told m mate about it and he said the blokes that drive it come up close behind you to get u to race then when u break the speed limit they pull you over!!! OMG thats savage

Just thought i would let you guys know about it Cheers

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Entrapment.....

Yea, that was the general consensus on the Civic Forum.

Im sure it has been discussed on here before, with no real conclusion whether it IS entrapment or not.

Its bad enough the bast**ds hiding behind bushes with their speedguns anyway, let alone baiting people to speed, THEN pulling them :mad:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Re: Entrapment.....

scratch339 said:
Yea, that was the general consensus on the Civic Forum.

Im sure it has been discussed on here before, with no real conclusion whether it IS entrapment or not.
Entrapment?

Pretty much covered that it's not.

That is how they can dress policewomen in short skirts and stand them on street corners where ladies of dubious virtue normally ply their trade. If your normal behaviour is to go and offer to engage the young ladies services you are nicked, If your normal behavior when seeing a car stuck up your rear bumper is to hoon off into the distance you are nicked.

Please note before somebody kicks off, the fact I am relating this information does not mean i agree with it, It sucks, It is however, legal.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
So have they tinted the windows on their silver 260, or is this another Sussex Police Evo? In other words, what colour is it?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
:eek: thats flipping dangerous :goingmad:

Maybe Black Knight can shed some light on this?? did they buy the car from you Tony??

For me if someone is going to sit up my 4rse, I'll slow down, flash my brake lights, then give them the shake of the head, saying what a ****, as I pull over.

What can the baiting scum do me for with that??

I think if they did pull me over, I would be out of my car so fast and ramming how dangerous there driving was down there throats for sitting up my tailpipe they wouldn't know what hit there bacon smelling 4rses. :goingmad:

:crackup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Theres a "classic" green Scooby that runs the M25 to Camberley section of the M3 that does this - all I've ever seen it pull over is Jap :cry: sports cars

·
Registered
752 Posts
boxclever said:
those sort of tactics do nothing to help the image of the Police, surely that's entrapme :mad: nt?
Allowing someone to do something is not entrapment, but making someone do something is. If the FILTH (as this is indeed what they all are) came up very close behind you that may be considered entrapment in that you might use a defence of, "the car came so close that I knew it was breaking it's stopping distance and I felt I needed to accelerate away to a safe distance".

I remember reading of a case where a pig on a bike accelerated as somebody was overtaking and it was deemed entrapment.

Ben

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
:rolleyes: I'm getting that MLR deja-vu again. Use the search function cos this has been done to death. If you can't be bothered then here is a summary; "it is not entrapment".

Now move along, nothing to see here....

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Mrk said:
:eek: thats flipping dangerous :goingmad:

Maybe Black Knight can shed some light on this?? did they buy the car from you Tony??

For me if someone is going to sit up my 4rse, I'll slow down, flash my brake lights, then give them the shake of the head, saying what a ****, as I pull over.

What can the baiting scum do me for with that??

I think if they did pull me over, I would be out of my car so fast and ramming how dangerous there driving was down there throats for sitting up my tailpipe they wouldn't know what hit there bacon smelling 4rses. :goingmad:

:crackup:
They did buy from us. they have not booked an evo yet (played with 3 or 4 though) but have booked 3 scoobies!

The blokes driving the cars know what will happen if they pull up behind another jap car and will only book for dangerous driving.

But I didn't say that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Black Knight from Happy Brighton! i've been baited a couple of times (well I've felt I've been baited anyway - maybe it's just normal to drive up behind someone, drop back, pull alongside then drop back again) while driving my Skyline and the Evo. Never in the Delica though - funny that.
Anyway, if you get the Evo in at some point to repair some front end damage it'll be because I've had to carry out an emergency braking manouvre without having time to check the rear view mirror first :crackup:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Out on me R1 on sunday with a mate on his thiumph 996,
Up near Hawes in the dales,
Car in front doing a treasure hunt decided to slam all on to turn right then put his indicator on,
Mate on triumph smacked up its arse and Cartweeled through the air,
He jumped up ran back in a complete RAGE and proceeded to kick f*** out of his bike, :tsk:
I said what the hell are you DOOING !! he replied it was either the young lad in the car or the bike, :hammerhea
And a blue unmarked scoobi soon turned up,

·
Registered
752 Posts
Black Knight said:
They did buy from us. they have not booked an evo yet (played with 3 or 4 though) but have booked 3 scoobies!

The blokes driving the cars know what will happen if they pull up behind another jap car and will only book for dangerous driving.
All absolutely pathetic basically and the reason why virtually nobody has any respect for the police at all now. 'Playing' with cars, goading them to speed by following too close; all technically not entrapment as such, but quite clear what the brainless little ****ers are up to. Meanwhile, as we all know, genuinely unprovoked, stupid and dangerous driving is on the increase.

Simple-minded ***** need a good shoeing.

All IMNSFHO of course ;-)

Ben

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
Squicker said:
'Playing' with cars, goading them to speed by following too close; all technically not entrapment as such, but quite clear what the brainless little ****ers are up to.
Just cos you read something on the net, doesn't mean it is true ;)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
Squicker said:
Jesus, you're not one of them are you Aidy????
One of what? I'm just saying that these threads pop up fairly frequently and just read like some schoolboy living out his Fast and Furious fantasies. :shrug:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Hmm, is there a law against tailgating or does that just fall under stuff like 'careless driving' / 'dangerous driving' ?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Hmm, is there a law against tailgating or does that just fall under stuff like 'careless driving' / 'dangerous driving' ?
Like I've said, this has all been done to death. Use the Search function to search for entrapment.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts