Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I recently bought a Evo 8 GSr but whenever I am looking for stats etc I only seem to find the MR.

Even my insurance doesn't recognise an Evo 8 GSR. Only the MR280/300 onwards.

Anybody know why? Its a UK dealer supplied car.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Send an email to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) asking them to update insurance companies with the ABI codes (or at least to generate one) for the EVO VIII GSR. I did this with the MR FQ340 so I could get myself insured with Tesco.net who were extremely competitive at the time until they switched undewriters. :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
My car is also a UK supplied GSR 280, think they just called it the "280", although Liverpool Victoria have it on their books as a FQ280 and that's fine by me, as the FQ range were only ever UK supplied as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention - Bell Direct do the VIII GSR import. They have it under EVO VIII FQ300 (Import) (reads EVO VIII FQ300 (I<-at that point its cut off due to the width of the table box)

Make sure you do it online to get the full discount / play about with combinations until you get the price you want. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.