Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent 2 hours cleaning the car and found t my horror that the plastic on the bumper adjacent to the exhaust has melted. Must have been mighty hot, back there (Hullavington Track Day). Best get one of those Max Power type surrounds. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry

The good news is that the surround that Co-ord do doesn't look Max Power IMO. I have only seen them on a black and a white car, but they do look factory fitted. Particularly good if you have a stainless tailpipe!

What amazed me was just how hot it must be getting there. Not seen this with a car that has a standard exhaust though and I wonder if anybody has had this problem with one? Now, how close does the exhaust run to the fuel tank!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry

I can give you the number of a guy in Lincolnshire who is an absolute wizard with stainless steel, alloy etc. Can make pretty much what you want and amp; not at bad prices either!

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's that Commercial Vehicle on site for? :D

Yes, please Teri - will phone Coordsport first though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big E, does your man in Lincolnshire have any bits already made for sale or does he fabricate
what you want, when its requested?
Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Teri,

I've asked Coordsport to supply (Ralliart in this case) |PLS| rear AP brakes! However, it maybe very useful to have his phone numbrer and amp; address! Can get my bros to go round as he lives local!

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony

He fabricates whatever you want, but anything he does make where someone else is likely to want the same, he keeps the patterns/jigs.

Jerry

U have mail

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
teri, would he be able to make a pipe from the front of a TME bumper, up to the air filter?? any idea on cost

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lee

I think he could make anything you wanted! To give you a rough idea on price he charged us £100 for that polished alloy under the bonnet and a lot of time on welding went into that. Should be getting a price shortly from him for a stainless de-cat pipe and flanges for the paj, will let you know if you like on price.

There, not one bit of abuse either :)

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update - Coordsport or Ralliart won't supply this shield seperatly - well not to me unless I part with the thick end of GBP40,000. - NOT.

So thanks Teri, will phoning your contact next week.

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exhaust tip heating up is not so strange.
Stainless steel is a very good transport medium for heat, end tip will get VERY hot on any SS exhaust, just bad luck if it is a little too close to the bodywork.
As the OE exhaust isn't SS, the tip won't heat up so much.

René

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry

I am going to see him tomorrow evening to collect some bits, not sure but I think he is working away next week but will check for you and if so will pass his mobile number on to you.

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would like to get an exhaust shield for my Silver V. Any chance of getting the details for your guy that fabricates stainless steel etc? How would you go about fitting an exhaust shield anyway?

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fire blade
i bought one of ralliart about 8months ago (just the shield by its self , donet know why they would not sell jerry one ?)to fit my 6 , but the rear bumpers are the same .
the skirt on my rear bumper actually says evo 5 in the plastic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts