Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just signed up to the MLR, having been reading some of the posts for some time. Excellent source of info so far, so wondering if anyone can help out with this...

Purchased Evo VII in June from Grey Importer, but still awaiting English Manual/Service book. I'm aware of the 4500mile service schedule for these cars, despite the dealer trying to say it was 6000miles intially.

Took car in today for said 4500mile service, suspusions raised a bit when service person said 'Oh, you mean the 6000 service, that's what we call it', and the fact that they think car now doesn't need a service for another 6000 miles ! Due to it being a Saturday, no-one around to question about exactly what work was done when I went back to collect the car. I've asked for a detailed report/invoice to be sent to me in the post ( Service was negotiated as part of original purchase, so nothing to pay ), but obviously I'd like something pretty solid to bakup any claim I may have that they haven't done a 'proper' service.

So, does anyone have an Evo VII Service Sheet, or perhaps a copy of the service schedule from the service book supplied with the car ( In English !! )?

I don't want to mention the dealer just yet, in case this turns out to be my mistake and everything with the service is OK, but they have been supplying Evo's for a number of years, and had all different Evos from Evo 1s to Evo 5s in their showroom today. And another Evo 7 on the way...

Thanks in advance,

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason the service schedule in the uk is every 4.5k miles but in japan it is every 10k km(6200 miles).Well mitsubishi/ralliart have got to pay for the 3 year warranty somehow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does the 4500mile service interval only apply to Ralliart/Mitsubishi supplied vehicles ? Since mine is a Grey, should I be working to the 10000KM interval ? Just concerned about future resale etc. if servicing isn't done right. And I still need to know what should be done...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy

The owners manual does talk about 6000 mile services. It also suggests a lot of other inapropriate service intervals, such as gearbox oil changes.

What has been developed in the UK seems to suit our driving conditions. 4500 is a standard that most people stick to. I would not buy a car second hand that had not been serviced at 4500 miles regularly. All cars are produced in the same factory and although there are silghtly different specs - titanium turbo, cold weather kit - these do not cahnge the servicing needs.

I suspect that the service intervals come about because our roads and driving conditions allow us to push the cars far harder over here. The book also indicates severe usage intervals, which although I cannot remember for sure, I think match the UK service schedules.

I don't know who the grey dealer is but I think they are not following the convention used in the UK. Come on, other 7 owners, how often are youi servicing your cars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy

Got my 7 from Ralliart in Dudley in August. In my service record book the service intervals stated are every 4500 miles. Booked in for the 4500 one in a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps.

Gaz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The UK cars need more service because you freaks drive them so much harder than the Japs! :D LOL

This might actually be true...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy,

If you're doing alot of motorway miles then 6000 is probably OK.

My personal belief is that the 4500 mile/6 month service interval is ridiculous. Most other high performance machines manage at least double that. A good synthetic oil with no added viscosity improvers, say Mobil 1 10W-30, will last much longer than 4500 miles (unless you are racing). The main reason for the 4500 mile service is the AYC fluid, which tends to get burnt. However on a motorway the AYC is doing #### all. The blanket 4500 miles seems to have been set to minimise any warranty risk and maximise servicing revenues.

Rant over.

Having said all that if you are looking to sell the car on the first thing that someone will look at is the service book and you will loose money if you don't have a full one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies so far, which basically confirms my thoughts which are

1. 4500miles is a bit short, 6000miles would be OK for 'moderately' driven cars and M/Way work

2. ...but, when you come to sell, how many of us would buy a 5/6/7 if it hadn't been done every 4500 miles ? I must admit I probably wouldn't !

So, looks like 4500miles is the 'agreed' interval, would still like to see an Offical Ralliart/Mitsu service sheet to compare with the document I should be receiving in the post shortly.

I did have a look at the Steve Hill Motorsport schedule, and noticed that AYC fluid was a check only item. When should AYC fluid be changed ? Is this only every 9000 miles.

Thanks

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy,

all my tech stuff is at home so I can't be 100% but I'm pretty certain that the AYC is changed at 4500miles on an e6.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
on the subject of the evo 7

does anyone have the complete part list (hopefully with part numbers) of hks stuff that differentiates the extreme from the gsr?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts