Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let know that Autocar, Evo, Car and amp; Japanese Perfomance magazines have initial reviews of the Evo VII. As always Autocar is the most informative featuring a test drive of the Warrender E7.
Get down to your local library (WHSmiths) for a read.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Like the Autocar paragraph on the VI ( a V-sign to the world in the form of a massive Kenny Everett style hand )

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't believe you guys have any respect for Autocar....its a farce!

Front cover says 'Why Europe will never catch up' and 'EvoVII and Clio V6 Shootout', when in reality its just 2 CARS PARKED AT A PIT LANE FFS.

The original Evo VII preview was just a blatant advert for David Hendry cars, which was embarassing at times for them to presume we were as stupid as they made out.

Past 3 issues have had misleading headlines, the Sti v Evo VII was a load of ****** because they were never there at the same time.

They suck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well as far as I can tell Autocar are the most unbias and informative car mag out of the lot for testing and news. Evo has the best photography and layout of any mag and would be number one but it seems to have a Subaru bias. Car is just well crap. Top Gear, I don't even bother looking as its just a slightly grown up Max Power. Japanese Performance is OK but slightly Max Power same goes for Banzai although they both have good buying guides.

I buy Evo, Japanese Performance and Banzai every issue and Autocar/Auto Express occansionally depending on content.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i don't understand is that on the front of CAR is a red evo 7 but the article has a yellow one the red one looks miles better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the way he comments that he thinks the performance is off from the EVO VI's he's tried at Autocar before. Maybe because Ralliart have not had chance to mess with the boost on this one. A totally std car for Autocar to test. Now there is a first.

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have recently driven the V11.I did not think it was as quick as
the V1 in GSR guise.I suspect that the quicker lap times for the V11
have a lot to do with the new wider sticky Yokohamas!

We shall see soon no doubt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The times may be down to the new technology which lets you go round corners at higher speeds than the evo 6. This is what makes the biggest difference between 6 and 7.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The AYC ECU also controls the new electronic centre diff now............be afraid, be very afraid!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHAT A LOAD OF ********

I support Blowdogs various view points, lets wait and see one on the circuit for real be fore we all get too carried away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts