Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear people i have just joined up with the site i have quite a big problem!
what would be the better car to buy the evo vi rs or evo vii rs?
the evo vii will be a bit of a stretch for my budget but if its the better car ill have to buy it!
if you could help it would be great! btw which car is better the evo vii rs or a subaru wrx sti ra (this is like the lightweight version for subaru) thanks if you can help people.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hi,

I've owned a VI GSR and a VII RS and the VII RS is much better.

I don't think the build is necessarily better but it 'feels' it - the interior is much better and IMO the VI is looking a little long in the tooth now.

You have to remember that each Evo has IMPROVEMENTS over the last one so each revision is better than the previous one, so the VII is definitely the better car.

However, if it's down to looks then buy what you like, after all they are both fantastic motors.

Good luck!

Davy T

·
Registered
601 Posts
"You have to remember that each Evo has IMPROVEMENTS over the last one so each revision is better than the previous one, so the VII is definitely the better" in your opinion

·
Registered
224 Posts
VI every time m8. Still not bettered even now. Get yourself a Mak or an RS. Of course im biased because I have one but there was a thread on here this week asking which is the best evo to date, read it and see how many people vote for a VII.

Edited to add the link to the thread I refered too.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78353

·
Registered
140 Posts
Want the better car get the VII...... no friends and spend to much time on internet forums telling others how much better your car is compared to everyone elses?? maybe the VI is the answer :moon:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
my point was that really they are two different cars with different chassi's wider wheel base and longer too so the refining of the model start's again...was not saying one is better ect I think the 7rs is :cool: ..but I like my6 rs :coolsm: ....Race ya :p

·
Registered
608 Posts
BulldogGSR said:
Want the better car get the VII...... no friends and spend to much time on internet forums telling others how much better your car is compared to everyone elses?? maybe the VI is the answer :moon:
Does better include residual value eh? ;) :D :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Davy T said:

You have to remember that each Evo has IMPROVEMENTS over the last one so each revision is better than the previous one, so the VII is definitely the better car.
Is that true comparing VIII to VII? Next Evo should be quicker than previous model and it was like that till VII. But VIII seems to be slower than VII in all major tests I heard. It's also significantly heavier. Don't you think VIII is a first step backward in terms of pure performance (traded off for better everyday usability)?

I don't want to start any flame wars - drive VIII myself and think it's marvelous car but consider it a tiny bit less edgy and performance focused as its predecessors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts