Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doubt, I have read about Evo VII in some magazines but there are several point of view. Some say that it is better and faster than Evo V and VI, others say that Evo VII is more confortable but It is worst for a rally or fast road use. What´s the truth?
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adevo, I know that this cars are from other world and that they must appear in X files but is there any conclusion?
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol evowilly

i own an evo 6 rs 2 and i have test driven an evo 7 rs 2 and ordered one

RS 2 you can compare with a GSR

in my opinion the 7 drives just as good as the 6

put on a nice exhaust and airfilter on the 7, maybe some 18 inchers and a pair of ap 6 pots and you be ready to drive any rally stage or track day:)

ok the 6 is more brutal in looks but i love the looks of the 7 more

by the way i bought an evo 7 RS because i mainly use it for track days and floor it sideways into some nice corners on the road:).

but for everyday use the evo 7 gsr is great if you can afford it buy it

my opinion

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good question evowilly. Nothing about looks but all about dynamics, which is how to judge a car.

I can only comment on road use as I have no experience of the cars on track or rallying. There is no doubt in my mind that the 7 experience is more refined, for some to much so. Internally, the car is quieter and has less shake, rattle and roll ! I also think that the ergonomics of the 7 are better. As for performance, pure acceleration figures are a bit misleading. Both the 6 and 7 are about as fast point to point cars as you will ever find. For fast road use I would suspect that in theory, the 7 should make the better car. This is because the body shell is so much stiffer and although it is 40 kgs heavier, stiffness really counts. That is why Blade has noticed such an improvement in his 6 after fitting the roll cage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven´t prove any evo VII so I can´t give any answer but I have a thought; Evo VI has been done in order to used it in the world Championship and it might be as competitive as possible because it was a group A against WRC teams, and all this technology had to be in the street car.
But Evo VII seems to be the end of a mith because Mitsubishi is using a WRC in the championship, which means that it is no need to have a radical car in the streets.
That´s why I think that Evo VI is better for a fast road use, but it is only my opinion, perhaps I´m wrong.
BYE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
evowilly

mitsubishi still want to win the group n rally series with evo 7 keep that in mind.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 7 may be a bit heavier, but you get more refinement and amp; (in my case ) 309 bhp standard, which is virtualy the same as my Evo 5 with a £3k stage-1 upgrade. 'Nuf said...
Austin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Comparing road cars by looking at their group a rally brothers is pointless. They bare no resemblence to each other. The body shells might be the same, but what is undernieth is very different. Take the suspension, which on the group a cars is mounted on a seperate subframe and uses completely different components. If you look under a group a car, you would never recognise it as an Evo.

So that leaves us with comparing group n cars with road cars. Well, many people actually make their road cars faster than a group n. However, as Blade has found out, the roll cage makes a big difference. As the 7 is significantly stiffer than a 6, it should have the potential to be both a quicker road and group n car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adevo, I suppose that Mitsubishi is very interested in winning GrN championship as it is doing for years. But why are Trelles, Ligato and Pozzo driving and Evo VI instead of an Evo VII?
Perhaps it could be because there isn´t enought competition pieces, I don´t know.
In Spain there isn´t any EvoVII running in Rallies (neither in the road), Is there any participating in other country?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seeing as Simon has mentioned me twice, I better join in!

The 6 is significantly stiffer with a roll cage added, and yes makes a big difference. The cage weighs in around 50kgs. But a 6 with a cage is far stiffer than a 7 without. The weight difference comes from the fact that the car is physically bigger and has more refinement - despite having extra aluminium components, such as the wings.

Personally, I am getting totally bored with threads like this. They are both awesome cars, and both EVOs. Buy what you like and be happy with your choice.

Why not compare to other cars instead. I might start an EVO Vs 964 RSR or EVO Vs 996 GT3 thread instead :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I´m not trying to say which car is better, i´m only trying to know why depending in which magazine you choose you can read different things. And of course I´m very happy with my EvoV and although they Evo VII was better I ´m not going to change it.
Any Evo is the best machine.
Bye

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gr. N dominance always was a by-product of the Gr.A rallycar. Mitsubishi have never made an Evo with the goal to win the Gr.N championship, and why should they? Gr.N has almost no publicity. Also, the 7 has been homologated for Gr.N and Gr.A by co-ordsport, not Mitsubishi. I think the point evowilly made about no 7s being used in Gr.N rallying is what I predicted some time ago, that the 5s and 6s will continue to dominate the Gr.N stage. Of course they will be phased out at some point due to wear and tear, but until then they will beat the 7s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Michael

I don't want you to think I disagree with you on principal but I wonder if the reason that we have not yet seen any 7's in grp n is because there are so few cars at the moment and the RS is even more difficult to find. Body shells have only just become available.

If you were building a new grp n car today, surely you would use a 7?

Please, this is a serious question and comment, not an attack on you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Main reason there are no GPN Evo 7 rally cars around is that they did not make many RS models......they are like gold dust !! ..........you have to use the RS model as a donor car for building a rally car.
The main difference between 5/6 and the 7 is expected to be the active centre diff which should make the 7 quicker on gravel..... time will tell.
By the nature of GPN there is very little you can do to make your car better than anyone elses ... it all comes down to weight, grip and tyres.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seriously, I would start off with a 6 because of the lower weight and add the fancy diffs from the 7, if they work. Also, there is the possibility to get some aftermarket diffs, which is what most top teams probably do anyway I would have thought.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts