Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the RSX on Ralliarts web site? What do you think of it? I am considering buying my first Evo VI and was just wondering what type I should go for. I fancied a RSX or a RS2. Any comments welcome. My current car is a Honda Accord Type-R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went from an Accord Type R to my 7. Although the RSX would feel a little bit more raw, it suprised me how, for instance the cars weren't that much different noise wise. Of course, the suspension is significantly stiffer and as for the performance, it is a different league. You don't have to rev the hell out of it to get it to perform and it is soooo much quicker! And the handling makes the Type R seem poor. It might be one of the best handling FWD cars but the difference is staggering.

I probably would have chosen an RSX if I had been buying a 6 so it is probably worth checking this one out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RSX and RS2 are the same thing pretty much.
RSX is more raw than GSR - better Recaros (from a grip point of view), better steering, uprated conrod bolts, titanium large turbo, no ABS or AYC.

I have one - though it doesn't look much like an RSX anymore!

There is alot of RSX related info on my site: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.rodriguez

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
typer,

definitely don't get a gsr - i have had mine for 8 months now and am already looking to change to an RS type. This is especially true if you are used to rear wheel drive. ABS and amp; AYC suck if you want to drive it properly and RS is best base to tune from IMO. Quick rack is better and its not that much rawer i don't think as someone else said.

But DONT get the rsx from ralliart - overpriced and mielage way way too high. You can get a BRAND NEW Makinen RS2 still with air con but no abs,ayc and only 1260kg for 24 grand NEW. Of course only in white but who gives a **** waht it looks like. I may well be going thois route and getting a new one - currently in negotiation with dealers - you may well get it for less than 24K. Also it DOES come with a 3 year warranty. These were originally 26 grand so you are already getting 2 grand off !!!

regrads

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea where I could get an Makinen RS2 from? I can't seem to find any for less than 26k. Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
type r - give www.waregarage.com a call or Tony at Brighton Mitsibushi (01273 388808)

please let me know what you do .... get the spec double checked, its all a bit confusing.

cheers

R

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
cant go too far wrong with the rs, as for mieage too high :confused: , i've seen evos go bang with less than 16k on, mines done 50k and still going strong at 1.6 bar, luck of the draw i suppose............why a mak rs, just an rs with a few tommi parts thrown on........why?????

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Have you checked the date of this thread,Pockets?!!!!!!
The good old days,when you could get a Tommi RS,brand new!!! :coolsm: :crackup:
Chris

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
ha ha ha ha, tit..............................lol, should look at the dates sometimes :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts