Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

we can't succeed to connect to ECU
we got tactrix openport 2.0 and cable with jack but it do not works ...

the Ecu have been probably tuned (according to internal sticker):

engine is full full brand new from A to Z and we do not want to drive without havuing check ECU, so I'm waiting to drive since many weeks

tactrix:

the message:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Can you log the ECU? Have you tested the Openport on another car? Have you tried Ecu unlocker?

Can you check that the flash pin voltage is getting to the ECU and that the circuit board trace is not cut?

I have seen a JDM car (mapped in Japan) that I was able to log but could not read the map from, even with Ecu unlocker. However in that case I did not have sufficient time to check all the items I've suggested you check above.

Sent from my TECNO-C9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
next time, we will try to log on Evo5 Rs wivh we have already log in.

and for my EVO VI, no we do not log on ECU ...

we will try tommorow again and I'll let you know

thx for your help !!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Can you log the ECU? Have you tested the Openport on another car? Have you tried Ecu unlocker?

Can you check that the flash pin voltage is getting to the ECU and that the circuit board trace is not cut?

I have seen a JDM car (mapped in Japan) that I was able to log but could not read the map from, even with Ecu unlocker. However in that case I did not have sufficient time to check all the items I've suggested you check above.

Sent from my TECNO-C9 using Tapatalk
ecu unlocker doesnt work on early ecus
also if your having issues reading/writing then remove the ecu and bench flash it.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Hello,

we can't succeed to connect to ECU
we got tactrix openport 2.0 and cable with jack but it do not works ...

the Ecu have been probably tuned (according to internal sticker):

engine is full full brand new from A to Z and we do not want to drive without havuing check ECU, so I'm waiting to drive since many weeks

tactrix:

the message:
do you have any better images of the main chip on the pcb
looking for either 7202F or 7203FA written on it

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
LHD ECU is not connected to the OBD 2 port.
You need to run a pin&wire from ECU Connector to OBD2 port.

Futhermore- there is a wire&pin in that location for reflash/communication- connected to something ...wire goes into harness and I never traced it to where as I could not find any mention of it in manuals or elsewhere,

What you need to do, is cut that wire and put a "plug" of some sort that you can easily connect it back to OEM configuration.

So than you make an extension wire from that plugs into the cut wire from ECU connector..and run it to OBD2 - plugging into OBD2 the pin of this wire.

Does this make sense?

So: while the ECU wire is connected to OBD2 port you read/write.
When you want to start the car..you reconnect that wire to the original cut-off wire that goes into the harness...
Otherwise car will not start.

This is how my TME is sorted.

Where are you located Eric?
I am interested in your Evo 5..if LHD. PM me some details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts