Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo VI RS - Sprint / Hillclimb / Time Attack? build

61K views 144 replies 46 participants last post by  Christopher 
#1 · (Edited)
This car is not new to the MLR but she is new to me.
Previously owned by Mat @ MG Auto Motorsport and used as MG's sprint car, then up until recently TomCI. I think it's fair to say both owners have had a fair amount of input in making this car what it is - much credit is owed MG Auto Motorsport, NR Autosport and Tom for all the hard work that has gone in to this car. I also have to say a big thank you to Tom for being a true gent with the sale which wasn't the most straightforward but we got there with it! Cheers mate.:smthumbup

Having owned an evo since 2007 I'm not new to them. Technically this car is my 4th although the last one I bought was just a shell. The car before it being my 5RS which I still have but it's time to draw a line under that build now (thank **** for that I hear you cry!).

So here's where I pick up the batton and this post marks the start of my new project/build thread.

I thought I would put a video together made from images I've gathered on the 6RS - I hope Mat and Tom are cool for me to use these images - if not just give me a nudge.

The usual suspects will be involved with this build; those being MG Auto Motorsports for the build itself, Ross Sport for parts and Electronic Performance Motorsports for mapping etc.

Like my last build I'll be in no rush with it but please keep checking in for updates and I hope you enjoy the thread.

Cheers,

Karl :smthumbup

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I'd like to use the car for track days, sprints and maybe a some hill climbs. What I would really like to have a dabble at would be Time Attack but I would need to come in to some money / find the right sponsors to take it on.

Oh, ok, what advantages are there to moving to the 6 from the 5 considering the amount of work carried out to your 5RS?
The main reason I bought the car is because of the work that has gone in to the shell. I was going to put a cage in mine / the shell I bought but this 6RS ticked the boxes. Like with most things evo related it usually works out cheaper in the long run buying one already done and I like what has been done, the parties involved, the parts used and the condition of it now. It just made sense.

I bought the 6RS without Toms engine, turbo kit, intercooler, ecu, or wheels. So parts coming off the 5RS to go on the 6RS not surprisingly include, the engine, turbo kit, intercooler kit, MoTeC, Nitrons, wheels etc.

It's an absolute pleasure to see the car going to someone who will put the time and effort into it Karl and hope she treats you well.

Thanks for being so understanding regarding the delays in getting it over to you too. I never thought it could be such a mammoth task getting a car to the UK!
Thanks Tom - I will look after her for sure.

No problem mate - considering the logistics of getting the parts off the car and having it transport from yours to MG I think it went very smoothly all things considered. You can't rush these things and you've been a pleasure to buy from. :smthumbup

#6 ·
It's an absolute pleasure to see the car going to someone who will put the time and effort into it Karl and hope she treats you well.

Thanks for being so understanding regarding the delays in getting it over to you too. I never thought it could be such a mammoth task getting a car to the UK!

#11 ·
Nice buy and no doubt will be awesome when finished :coolsm:

Reactions: kins
#19 ·
Hi Carl, missed you this morn, was at MG's but had to leave before you arrived.
Had a look over the car:smthumbup wow its still one clean properly sorted rolling shell...well actually there's not too much missing.

I remember the shell being sorted at MG's then later being built at Nr's open day, must of been 3/4 years back, and then saw it a few months ago for sale on here.
Saying i'm jealous would be an understatement,I will be following the progress, and good luck with it.

Reactions: kins
#20 ·
Hi Alan,

Shame I missed you mate - I got there about 12... a little later than expected (about 1hr behind) as traffic was poor and there was an accident.

Mat was saying I'd just missed you and you were having a butchers at it. I dropped off a load of goodies for the blue one too but it might be a while before it's worth posting an update. I've left the 5RS with the lads now and the priority is getting it ready for sale - once that's done it's full steam ahead with the 6RS.

Glad you approve of the new project. I'll be popping over to MG a bit more regularly now so I'm sure our paths will cross soon for a catch up. Hope all is well matey.

Karl

#21 ·
Cant see your video Karl (I'm at work) but glad to hear this car went to someone on the forum who will look after it. Its an awesome car with history that's easy to follow and has been built by folk who know their Evo's.

Looking forward to seeing it once you've finished.

#22 · (Edited)
Hi Baz, The videos just a collection of pics from when MG did the shell, when NR built it up, when Tom was racing and then a couple of its journey over here.... accompanied by some RATM for good measure. You've probably seen most the pics but thought it would be good to capture it all in a vid.

Thanks for all the comments everyone - we'll get a move on with it when we can.:smthumbup

#30 ·
Sad day yesterday as I waved goodbye to the 5RS which I've had the pleasure of owning since 2008 :cry:

Looking on the bright side - the sale means we can crack on putting this one together now so happy days are ahead :headbang2 :D :roll::mitsi:

I will be sure to update the thread as and when so thanks for following and be sure to watch this space.

Cheers,

#31 ·
Sad day yesterday as I waved goodbye to the 5RS which I've had the pleasure of owning since 2008 :cry:

Looking on the bright side - the sale means we can crack on putting this one together now so happy days are ahead :headbang2 :D :roll::mitsi:

I will be sure to update the thread as and when so thanks for following and be sure to watch this space.

Cheers,

Nice one Karl
Love the varis kit although l wouldn't have the balls to fit one myself. Cant wait to see what you'res looks like when finished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.