Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread for any future changes. Chuffed to be back in an Evo after selling my 8MR a couple of years ago.

One Japanese owner car. The key still has the original Ralliart leather strap with the gentleman's name on it. It's yet to be registered in the UK.

Guy Francis then went about fully stripping the car down completely and replacing almost every single nut and bolt. Most of the work being carried out by Ian Tromans formally of Ralliart. Beyond the front end, the paint is original and in remarkable condition for a 22-year-old car, with only minor age-related / storage marks. If it weren't for the COVID situation, I'd probably have missed out on this one.

The car has some super rare parts, too. The ARC spoiler blade is incredibly hard to find now. As is the OMP limited edition steering wheel signed by Tommi Makinen. In terms of plans, the car just needs to be mapped and is running on standard internals with a full set of HKS bolt-ons and Fujitsubo turbo-back exhaust. In two minds what to do powerwise, but will likely just get the car mapped to a safe level (340-360). Just need to wait for logbook and plates. :mhihi:

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Saw this car for sale on piston heads (If only I had the cash at hand!) It looks superb, I gather it won't be going out on salty winter roads when the time comes? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw this car for sale on piston heads (If only I had the cash at hand!) It looks superb, I gather it won't be going out on salty winter roads when the time comes? :lol:
Lol, I've made a daft move really as it's going to pain me to drive it at all! Will be a dry weather car that much is certain. Sorry to the purists lol.:lol:

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Lol, I've made a daft move really as it's going to pain me to drive it at all! Will be a dry weather car that much is certain. Sorry to the purists lol.:lol:
Can't blame you, being in such great condition you obviously want to keep it that way considering the reputation these cars have for rusting away.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Nice car that! Is the rear arch extension seals a different colour?
One side looks white the other grey, would like to source white unless its just the camera?

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice car that! Is the rear arch extension seals a different colour?
One side looks white the other grey, would like to source white unless its just the camera?
It's the same colour both sides bud, grey.

I thought about maybe changing but the white tends to dull and look dirty.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Few updates but have honestly just been waiting for the DVLA to do my paperwork and get the car on the road!

Car was at APT for a week or so getting a few bits sorted that weren''t immediately obvious to me, but all good now.

Original turbo wasn't up to much, so opted to put on a used 80 series. Kept with a conservative 342bhp @ 1.3 bar for the time being - but obviously have yet to be able to drive it!

I've since decided to go forged on the 7 engine that's on the car, so that will be happening in a month or so hopefully, with the aim of going full frame turbo/ECU next year.

For the time being it would just be nice to get out in it...:wallbang:

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Few updates but have honestly just been waiting for the DVLA to do my paperwork and get the car on the road!

Car was at APT for a week or so getting a few bits sorted that weren''t immediately obvious to me, but all good now.

Original turbo wasn't up to much, so opted to put on a used 80 series. Kept with a conservative 342bhp @ 1.3 bar for the time being - but obviously have yet to be able to drive it!

I've since decided to go forged on the 7 engine that's on the car, so that will be happening in a month or so hopefully, with the aim of going full frame turbo/ECU next year.

For the time being it would just be nice to get out in it...:wallbang:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts