Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Could someone tell me whats involved in removing the aluminium spoiler blade on a V please? Just so I don't damage anything being too heavy handed when it may be straight forward.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hi mate i did this on mine theres 2 or 3 allen key bolts holding the blade in undo all of these on both sides of the spoiler there located under the plastic caps on the underneath of ur spoiler assuming u have them lol i didnt haha anyway then carefully an i do mean carefully have some body holding the blade 1 end whilst you very very carefully prize the spoiler away from the blade just enuff to pull out the blade becarefull tho if u prize the spoiler to much it will crack i know i did it aaargghhh! incidently ill be doing it again myself,why what u doing to it? hope this helps

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Steve
Are the bolts on the blade or the uprights? Im going to carbon wrap mine as its looking really tired.
Mike

·
Registered
525 Posts
first you have to undo the 2 main bolts underneath the little plastic covers so you can tilt the wing, and then there are 4 to romove from each bracket on the uprights. Make sure you use the correct allen key for these as i gnarled 2 up and had to drill them out!

I carbon wrapped mine 2 weeks ago and it was pretty easy to get off and back on, although i would suggest two people as you have to prise the sides apart slightly to get it out and there is potential to scratch the paintwork.

Hope that helps :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Be good to see sum pics when done. I was looking at the carbon blades for my 6, but pricy for what they are :lol:. How much would it cost to carbon wrap? :smthumbup

·
Registered
318 Posts
done yet?

I am wanting to carbon wrap my blade and mirrors.

How'd you get on? sounds a bit dodgy taking the blade off and putting it on without splitting the paintwork.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I am wanting to carbon wrap my blade and mirrors.

How'd you get on? sounds a bit dodgy taking the blade off and putting it on without splitting the paintwork.
Wrapping the mirrors awel, that would look quality. How much is the carbon wrap, anyone know :smthumbup

·
Registered
318 Posts
carbon wrap

I think you can get it from traders on here, but ive also seen it on ebay.

As long as its 3m thats good :smthumbup, sorry traders but is the wrap on ebay of an less quality if its cheaper?

I hear it shrinks a wee bit once set so allow an over set.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK an update. All done, wrapped and spoiler blade re-fitted. Spoiler blade removal was the easy part, the wrapping was a fair bit harder due to the shape of the spoiler. But well worth the sweat. I am dead chuffed, reckon it looks great. Really smartened up the spoiler of the car as the ally was looking tired. Going to order some more to do some other bits n pieces on my car inc mirrors. I might even do the roof as I have never been a fan of black cars and it will break the colour up.
Hope you like

Before

After

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Looks great mate. I want to do mine on my 6. Where did u get the wrap and how much :smthumbup

OK an update. All done, wrapped and spoiler blade re-fitted. Spoiler blade removal was the easy part, the wrapping was a fair bit harder due to the shape of the spoiler. But well worth the sweat. I am dead chuffed, reckon it looks great. Really smartened up the spoiler of the car as the ally was looking tired. Going to order some more to do some other bits n pieces on my car inc mirrors. I might even do the roof as I have never been a fan of black cars and it will break the colour up.
Hope you like

Before

After

·
Registered
318 Posts
yummy

Love it !!

How much did you need for that? would it be worth ordering a larger roll to do all the other bits too?

Show us the join pal :smthumbup defo doing this

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didnt take a pic of the join but tbh its very, very good. Its on the underside. Simply overlay it and splice through with a blade then remove the excess from both cuts (I suppose years of paperhanging helped).
I bought the wrap of MikeGsi on here.
If you buy a 500mm piece it is just enough and very little waste. The width off the roll is about 20mm wider than the blade itself.
I will be ordering quite a bit more but wanted to see what it looked like done first.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Enough to do the spoiler was £40 delivered. Cheaper by far than a real carbon one and there is no way I could run to a real one

·
Registered
318 Posts
I didnt take a pic of the join but tbh its very, very good. Its on the underside. Simply overlay it and splice through with a blade then remove the excess from both cuts (I suppose years of paperhanging helped).
I bought the wrap of MikeGsi on here.
If you buy a 500mm piece it is just enough and very little waste. The width off the roll is about 20mm wider than the blade itself.
I will be ordering quite a bit more but wanted to see what it looked like done first.
Thats how i was gonna do it, but i was told it shrinks a mm or two??

So how did you navigate the bend? just a hair dryer and persistance?

You'd think it would crease or bubble

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thats how i was gonna do it, but i was told it shrinks a mm or two??

So how did you navigate the bend? just a hair dryer and persistance?

You'd think it would crease or bubble
It shrank about 1mm but is hardly noticeable. I would probably do it slightly different next time by letting it settle for a while before I spliced. I would also satin black a strip where the join will end up to hide it totally. The hardest bend was the internal one. But yeh you are spot on hairdryer and "lots" of persistence and patience.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts