Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys hope someone can help.

I was out in the car last nite and notticed a very very faint sound of rubbing when turning right. When I put down the passenger window I could hear it slightly better. Its not a loud grinding but very faint. You can feel it a tiny bit through the steering. I have read the forums and I think this could be the front passenger wheel bearing. What do you think ? If it is this, can this job be done easily without taking it too a garage ? What sort of price is the part. And more importantly anyone got one to sell me lol

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Jack the front of the car up and spin the front wheels by hand, wheel bearing noise will be fairly obvious. Could be outer CV joint, they don't always just knock - check the gaiter is sound

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
a whell bearing is very hard to diagnose on an evo....you usually only notice a wheel bearing on these cars a high speed....if it is the wheel bearing the only way it can be repaired is if you get the whole hub!! check to make sure the wheel arch liner hasn't fallen down a little first

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the info

I can hear this when driving 10mph upwards when turning right.....doesnt need to be at full lock to hear it. Does this sound like something differnt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts