Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there,
wondered if any of my evo mates cud advise me in a what steps to tune my standard baby!!!
Need to be pushin 320bhp to keep up with mates i.e. ST205! Know what ive gota do for starters i.e inlet & outlet but management wise do i need jst a electronic boost controller or a remapable ECU?? or both???
cud sum1 please give me sum wisdom of a setup they know works well!

many thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Cossy_Killer said:
hey there,
wondered if any of my evo mates cud advise me in a what steps to tune my standard baby!!!
Need to be pushin 320bhp to keep up with mates i.e. ST205! Know what ive gota do for starters i.e inlet & outlet but management wise do i need jst a electronic boost controller or a remapable ECU?? or both???

many thanks,
Alex
speak to evo-7 here as in sam

he does ecutek kits mate

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
Cossy_Killer said:
hey there,

many thanks,
Alex
Exhaust (and de-cat), filter, fuel pump, hotter spark plugs, boost controller and Ecutek (or ralliart) ecu, in that order

That little lot should take you well past 320

Stu

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wicked,
cheerz mate, so how much is ralliart ecu?? is it the group N one?? heard of them! An whats an Ecutek??
sorry wondered cuz motecs an FC Units are like mega money but dont wana spend near the same on a not as good unit!
dont wana pay more than £800 really for ecu an then i gota get a map!!! ****!
know any rough sought of cost for ralliart ecu? spose that comes already mapped though ????

Thanks Alex :D

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Cossy_Killer said:
Wicked,
cheerz mate, so how much is ralliart ecu?? is it the group N one?? heard of them! An whats an Ecutek??
sorry wondered cuz motecs an FC Units are like mega money but dont wana spend near the same on a not as good unit!
dont wana pay more than £800 really for ecu an then i gota get a map!!! ****!
know any rough sought of cost for ralliart ecu? spose that comes already mapped though ????

Thanks Alex :D
i think its cheaper than 800 maybe by a lot

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
just checked cossy

rich has a very good bargain bud all u need is a guy to map it or rich may know someone

check it out here

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=75557

this will do u for whatever power u want in the future, all u do is get it mapped and get the mods needed for any power u want

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dam it!! its feckin sold!
dream setup would be FC Unit with commander an Apexi Adjustable boost controller!
Anyway back to reality mite try an get sum info on this Ralliart one! i have an ralliart Extreme just up the road from me so mite ask them!

cheerz ladz!
Alex

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
Second hand ralliart ECU's pop up for sale on here quite often, around550 quid mark. Personally, I would speak to rich above about a power FC, I bought a ralliart ecu, thinking that would be enough, but it never is and I ended up selling it and buying GEMS. A power fc would be a good bit of kit for a couple of hundred more, and then you have the potential for a lot more

By the way, its not a group N ralliart, if you do a search on here you should find loads of info

Stu

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
320 is acheivable without an ecu swap.

Decat, exhaust, air filter and a dawes device and you'll be around that figure.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeh wud probly want abit more than 320 cumin to think of it! mate had Evo 6 with adj boost, exhaust, filter an it woernt that quick!

it wud just be nice to buy an ECU i can plug in without having to travel miles to map!!
yeh will see what i can find!

Alex

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
Cossy_Killer said:

it wud just be nice to buy an ECU i can plug in without having to travel miles to map!!
Thats the ralliart ECU, with the mods I listed above, you can run 1.4 bar. If you plan running any more boost than that, or you want to mod your car around torque (acceleration) you might as well go straight for a mappable ecu. Where do you live, some mappers come to you. Also what budget do you have for mods

Stu

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stu8 said:
Thats the ralliart ECU, with the mods I listed above, you can run 1.4 bar. If you plan running any more boost than that, or you want to mod your car around torque (acceleration) you might as well go straight for a mappable ecu. Where do you live, some mappers come to you. Also what budget do you have for mods

Stu
i live near birmingham, west midlands! i do want gud torque aswell, a mate told me the Apexi FC Units can be bought with base maps on the them which is jst downloaded on before they send it you! is this true?
i only have around £800 pound rly on ECU! is this enough?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
Cossy_Killer said:
Dam it!! its feckin sold!
dream setup would be FC Unit with commander an Apexi Adjustable boost controller!
Anyway back to reality mite try an get sum info on this Ralliart one! i have an ralliart Extreme just up the road from me so mite ask them!

cheerz ladz!
Alex
click ;)

Stu

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stu goin off subject slightly, what is your engine spec??

see i do want maximum power but i dont rly wana buy loadz of top mods i.e ******** of ECU etc.. if its gona involve engine rebuild, i.e forged pistons, conrods, head bolts!
u know what i mean?? i know it must be hard to say but where is the line drawn on power b4 its unsafe!!!!
my evos done 30k miles.

thanks mate
;)

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
Cossy_Killer said:
Stu goin off subject slightly, what is your engine spec??

see i do want maximum power but i dont rly wana buy loadz of top mods i.e ******** of ECU etc.. if its gona involve engine rebuild, i.e forged pistons, conrods, head bolts!
u know what i mean?? i know it must be hard to say but where is the line drawn on power b4 its unsafe!!!!
my evos done 30k miles.

thanks mate
;)
Evo V, 55k miles, Teneba exhaust with decat, Magnex down pipe, Blitz air filterand hard pipe, Walbro fuel pump, Gems Ecu with MAP and air temp sensor mapped for torque on optimax by Steve Simpson, 1.5/6 bar boost controlled by the Gems. My Dump valve is blanked offand the spark plugs are uprated to BR8EIX's.

I think I am the same as you in that I dont want to get into rebuilds, and mega money, so much so, everything besides the fuel pump is bought second hand off here. Total cost of extras approx £2k.

I havn't bothered with uprated con-rod bolts which some people on here would insist on so that is personel choice.

My next and final (famous last words) mod is an avcr boost controller, to raise the boost a bit and give me some in car control.

The car is more drivable now than when standard, and has been modded to this level for over a year now. Also the car is fast enough to still make me smile every timeI boot it, and at the mo, I dont feel like I need any more power :angel:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fair play mate those dyno figures look well impressive!! considering you havent rebuilt enything aswell!
Thats the power an spec i want then! have you ever done a 1/4 mile i.e. sant pod?? if so what times u running?
ive gota get saving wana do a santpod summer an ive got sum stiff competition with my mates!

cheerz :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.