Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as sum know i recently sold my evo 4 was a brilliant car just got a bit bored of it and fancied sumthing for a track car and just couldnt strip the evo it owed me to much so anyways im thinking of getting a pulsar gtir as a track weapon stripped out cage it etc.im just after peoples opinions on these any ex owners etc as ive never really worked on one allways had impreza,and evo ownership and thoughts would be good.thanx:smthumbup

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have just from owning a gtir, good fun little car.
I spent a small fortune getting it to 400 hp. It had a lot of suspension mods too. But a standard Evo VI will out handle a pulsar hands down.
They are a heavy car for the size circa 1250kg.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Loads of cheap fun but make sure you get one that's been properly looked after. I've seen a fair few dogs around but that's goes for anything or that age and price. I found the pulsar to be a lot more fun to drive than my E4, probably because it was a lot more raw and noisy. Handling not too bad if you do the right mods, mine handle pretty good but they do tend to understeer a little. Would love to have one for a track car myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
good fun cars

really good cars bud good track and quarter mile cars but watch the gear box they are really soft if you start running big power

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
make sure its got a PROPER clutch in they eat them for fun with big ish power and make an evo one look like a 5 minute job when it come to changing it

id have said youll only want another evo after youve bought it ,

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
A friend of mine has a relatively powerful GTiR and it likes eating gearboxes! Think they all do.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
i had 1 for 4 years runing 341bhp never had a prop with it and i did loads of 1/4 mile days ran in the 12s all the time all i ever had to do was service it

didnt even put a cluch in it but i did have to put water pipe on it which i had to drop the engine out to do

they dont handel as good as an evo but are a quick car

why not go for an 1 2 or 3 as you can pick them up for a good price and i hear they handel good

john

ps this is my old 1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts