Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into my local model shop todays looking for Evo's.christ ,loads of em.
nice 1/8 scale EVO 6 in white and Icelle blue.new skid range of rally EVos.|PLS| plain colours in also.
Great ideas for christmas pressies from relatives.

Also has any one experience the 4x4 EVO 4 scalextrics not running on the track?.I can't get enough power in the rails to get them to move phenominal grip:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shorty,
Aha , so , u r a closet car model anorak , I knew I wasn't the only 1 on this forum :)

I think u mean 1:18 scale tho not 1:8.
They r almost certainly the Autoart models , I have succumbed to ALL the Evo variants , and dare I admit this...............a couple of Scooby rally versions..........only because they represent the Evo's opponents.

Dropping hints 2 a certain person (of female type) about 1:12 radio control Evo 6 TM WRC for christmas , but she keeps saying that there is no way I'm getting anything 2 do with that bloody car ! Women huh ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want a 1:10 R/C Tamiya kit of the Lancia 037, rare as hens teeth and sell out bloody quick when they are available :(.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul, I've been meaning to tell you that I'm your long lost brother that you never knew you had (I'm short too!)

Ok now thats outta the way I'll mail you my address for my pressie :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scalextric Evo????

Now were talking. Takes me back to the Mini scalextric car that i modified - was awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evoboy,

your right it must be 1/18 shame its a 6 but can't resist as similar colour as my 4.I have had a similar scale model to make up myself ,been in the box for a year.
couldn't believe my luck having so many Evo didn't have the cash on the day but I will revisit.
Cookie ,not bad try mate although if it had been Shaw I wouldnt of disputed it knowing the reputation my dad had for girlies in the 60's
Oli,They have only come out of the box once just to warm the tyres ,But they are E4s which are hord to get hold of by any means.
HH6 I will keep my eyes peeled at the local model agency.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cookie, if you ever meet paul ( maybe your shoppping for new kitchen tiles in somerset?), you may find he towers over you more than you thought!
1:8th scale glow plug engined cars are the best ones to go for.
Im making a remote operation active center diff for my Kysho Turbo Burns four wheel drive car, got the idea from the 7, but using a system of remote tensioning of band round cones as in the Daf Variomatic,
Perhaps we could start up a whole new forum area for MLR model car enthusiasts?.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HH6 I will keep my eyes peeled at the local model agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shorty,
I assume that you're still talking about cars are you :):):)

I used to have a few radio controlled planes and gliders a while ago and always wanted a car but never got around to it.
This thread has renewed my interest again. Might have to alter that Christmas list a bit.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R/C is excellent fun, I used to race 1:10 a good while ago (when the Schumacher Cat was the daddy - I assume it's ancient history now!) and although I never owned one I got to play around with 1:8 petrol cars all the time.

I nearly got back into it a few years back when me and a mate bought Tamiya Alfa 155 and amp; Merc 190 DTM cars from Beatties and raced them about a bit for a laugh, but I had other more pressing (read: female) concerns at the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being a sad bstard just ordered an Evo slot car. Not made by scalextric but some spanish outfit. May now have to bring forward the introduction of my lads (aged 7 and 9) to scalextric.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Being a sad bstard just ordered an Evo slot car. Not made by scalextric but some spanish outfit.

May now have to bring forward the introduction of my lads (aged 7 and 9) to scalextric:).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oli.

cant wait untill my nipper is that age,he's nearly 4 at the moment still wants guns and shreck goodies,but he can actually keep his ford focus wrc on the track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That must mean that he's a better driver than Mr. McCrash who definitely can't keep his car on the track. Well, not for most of the season anyway....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shorty,
Thanks mate, my previous model has just gone back to South Africa for 2 months so I am looking for another one (thought I was in with a chance there :()
Can you also look out for the Tamiya 1:10 Lancia 037 as well ;)
By the way have a look at http://www.autosportmodels.com to wet your appetite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts