Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if one one of thse RS450 Conversion Evos was ever tested on a rolling road? What genuine figures were attained, bhp and torque.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeh there was an RS450 at the Tuning Japanese rolling road day recently , check out the rolling road section for the details , all I remember is that it didn't perform very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the URL for the site? I'd be surprised if you could get a genuine verified 400|PLS| bhp out of any Evo. It harks back to the Scooby 22B story, at first it was claimed it had 350bhp |PLS| then when tested it wasn't any more powerful than the Sti's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The owner does lurk (his words!) on this board, but I think he prefers to to keep a low profile, which is fair enough. Although he didn't get the best BHP figure, look at the torque, 370lb/ft http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >. At the Brighton Speed Trials, I believe he posted a 12.67 second quarter mile time, which is pretty impressive. I think he was going to get the car fine tuned by Co-ordsport, so Richard, if you're reading this, I'd be interested to know how you got on.

Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have lurked for 18 months and finally have to comment!

The RS450 was never 450bhp, just a model name although Ralliart UK's target was 450ft/lb torque. Looking at the power graphs from Tuning Japanese check out the difference in torque - the biggest horsepower was 357bhp but only 282ft/lb torque compared to 369ft/lb from the RS450.

As we all know, torque is the bit that really counts in every day use - I've got one so I can vouch for its effectiveness and yes I'll put it on some rollers soon!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your's an Evo VI RS450 or a V? What's the weight? Is it based on a GSR or RS / RS2? What are you looking to do to it next with regard to fine tuning?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts