Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any suggestions for a stretch of road to give an Evo a good workout, something that it was built for, like a Monte stage style road? Something that requires regular acceleration, braking and turning - some of the stuff Claudius talks about sounds good. Looking for something in Cheshire/North Wales border area. My suggestion is a small section on the Wrexham to Ruthin road, Nant-y-garth, a couple of minutes of 2nd and amp; 3rd gear twists and turns that pump up the pedal nicely. Not so fast that if you get it wrong you're in major trouble.

Anyone like to propose any others?

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brill Road - The Cat and amp; Fiddle road

Between Macclesfield and amp; Buxton its fantastic. It gets full of bikers in the summer (me included used to strech the R6 here).

There is a pub in the middle also which is good for meets (The Cat and amp; Fiddle) huge car park.

You have to watch out for the dark blue 5 series BM (unmarked car).

The road is about 13-14 miles I think, its mainly 2nd and amp; 3rd gear bends there is only pne place for 5th (well in the Scoob anyway).
Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not try the A494 between Bala and Dollgelau. There is some great sections of road along there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not too sure about The Cat and amp; Fiddle road, i thought it was very heavily policed, with them using helicopters in the height of the summer season.

Rich. - (ex.biker)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts