Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my December 53 plate Evo8 FQ300 with 2.5K miles on it for £25K last May which at the time was a pretty good price (brand new would have been £29,300). I have just part ex'd the car (for a 2000 RX7 FD3S, but that's another story), but before I did I checked the prices for my car 11 months later with a modest 14K on the clock and they are shocking - £18.5K to sell privately with trade in prices as low as £15K!!!

Why has the @rse fallen out of the Evo prices? Is it just the 8 (maybe 'cos of the 260 price slashing/free servicing) or have all Evo's suffered accordingly???

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
all cars are affected but th evo 7 and 8 seem to be hit most as they are not as popular as the older models.Also combined with the ridiculous dealer prices it seems hard to take but i feel it is normal
cheers
steven

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
I reckon its because the earlier models were harder to get hold of .. ie imports etc, but the newer ones are readily available and with the price conscientious industry at the present is making car prices fall drastically as soon as the newer models leave the dealership.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Its not just Evo's mate. The arse has fallen out of the market at the moment.............definatly a good time to buy a car if.
a, you have no trade in
and
b, your paying cash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts