Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm doing my pre-purchase research and my dream of buying an EVO might just materialise.

Got tons of questions... if anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me...

I was considering buying the EVO IV, but after doing some research it seems stretching to an EVO V would be a very worthwhile investment. Do you think its worth the premium over the EVO IV and the added weight of the V? Is an EVO VI worth considering over a V?

I understand the RS models are the stripped versions of the GSR, are the engines the same? As I drive a 306 Rallye now, I can live without electric windows :D

How simple to tune are they? I imagine they're very highly tuned already so increases would be expensive? We fettled with the wastegate on my mate's supra the other day to liberate about an extra 4psi of boost and the effects were incredible... any chance of simple mods like that working on an EVO? What are the common tried + tested mods?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just downloaded it :D What an excellent idea! Has everything you ever wanted to know

Doesn't contain anything about tuning though...

Is the EVO V RS's top speed REALLY 125mph? :confused: Fantastic ratio's for most driving... but that might be a hindrance on some tracks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts