Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. It's my first time on the forum and wondered if you guys could help me out with a question I have.
Firstly, please dont laugh as I promise this is a serious question. I would like to know what kind of MPG figures you are getting with your evo's.
I am thinking of buying an Evo5 or possibly 6. Obviously a car with that much bhp isn't going to be that economical but then again I dont want something that is only going to return 10-15 mpg.
Ok, I probably shouldn't be worrying about fuel consumption when driving a beast like this but I would like to know all the same.
I would be very grateful for any advice you can offer me. Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My modified E5 regularly returns 21-24 mpg on SUL (dont use UL!)

Managed 30 mpg once when we had the fuel crisis last year! kept it under 3500 rpm, no boost :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look in the Lancer Chat section at a post called Urgent Help Required started by ChristopherD. It is all about fuel consumption. In addition, do a search on the subject because it has come up many times before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get about 180 miles out of 40 litres (50l tank, I fill up when the little light comes on :))

This includes the commuter run to work (30 mile round trip) and caning it at weekends :D

Depending how heavy your right foot is, you'll see between 15 and 30mpg. If you deliberately cruise in the highest available gear (and only drop cogs when you need to) you should see 25|PLS| regularly, which is similar to most 2l (petrol) cars.

Derek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts