Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there , I am a bit confused , I went to track last month and I put slicks on when I was braking after the straight at app 120mph the front wheels fully locked which I doubt it was hard late braking and ended up in the gravel馃槀 And fu**** a new set of slicks , acd lights were all 3 on , I went in the pit changed the wheels again and went to try it out , after 3 laps everything seems fine and I tried a hard lap and it did exactly the same fu****g the 2nd set of slicks 馃槶And 3 and lights on again, could be it related to transfer box or center diff failure or maybe the abs messed up?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is your ABS light on (does it come on and go off on start up too) ? can you feel the ABS through the brake pedal?

Stu
No the light of abs is not on but the way it locked it's either the abs messed up or maybe something in transmission locked up but I m confused from where to start

Premium Member
No the light of abs is not on but the way it locked it's either the abs messed up or maybe something in transmission locked up but I m confused from where to start
(does it come on and go off on start up too) ? can you feel the ABS through the brake pedal?

Stu
What abiut the other parts to my reply?

If the abs light doesnt come on and go off with ignition, the bulb maybe blown or removed to hide a fault

Stu

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm....has the abs bulb been taken out?

You say last month....so very cold?....what pads you running and what compound slicks?....lock up due to lack of grip/cold tyres?
Phil I was Racing in sicily since i m from Malta and grip was good and tyres were warmed before as the previouse lap i did my best lap :wallbang:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What abiut the other parts to my reply?

If the abs light doesnt come on and go off with ignition, the bulb maybe blown or removed to hide a fault

Stu
I ll have a look at this and no Abs couldnt feel it coming in:goingmad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts