Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fun few days. Spent the weekend out at the Ring on a feature for Car magazine. Got to rag a 350Z GT4 and a WRX STi Type UK round for three days and even got out on the track before the public on Sunday. Weird feeling driving the Karusell the wrong way round. Beautiful dropping into the clouds as we dived into the Foxhole.

On Tuesday I got to go to Millbrook test track and finally got my hands on the Evo IX FQ-320. Gave it a good blasting around the Hill Route and also got to give a few Maseratis and a Ferrari some death too. Laid the mother of all wheelspins on the high-speed bowl with a Monaro VXR.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi

Seen you at the ring over the weekend, you were putting in lap after lap! Thought i recognised your face, John Walsh mentioned who you were. Good job you have there ;)

How did the 350 feel around the track?

P.S sorry if i held you up on the way to calais, was trying to speed the guys up in front.

Karl

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
350z felt pretty heavy but otherwise really good round the Ring. The 80 litre fuel tank means a few less visits to the Tankstelle than it usually does when I take an Evo out there! It was pretty busy but we got to run laps of about 8:40 in the Nissan. The Impreza was a wee bit quicker but nowhere near as much fun.

The feature should appear in Car magazine in August, so look for a piece comparing playing the 'Ring on GT4 with driving it in real life.

Got to see the Ringtaxi pulled over on onde side of the track with a passenger barfing at Eiskurve which was pretty good fun. A few nice Evos out there. I'll upload a couple of pictures of the decent stuff I saw. Carrera GT was going like a bullet up the start/finish straight. Racelogic VBOX was a fun tool to fart about with. Got a trace from Dirk Schoysman (bloke who first drove Skyline R33 GTR round the Ring in under eight minutes) and then compared it to ours.

Got an FQ-400 arriving today for a session at Oulton on Monday and Snetterton on Tuesday. Will drive down to see lordspanky this weekend and grab some pictures and compare it to his VII. Should be interesting.

Karl - were you the guy with the fast red Nova that was largely made of fresh air? ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like you had a great few days out there, look forward to seeing the feature ;) Oh to have the life of a journalist, does it actually become a chore having to get up drive these cars lol. Talking to John, he is picking up a SLR Merc Maclaren on sunday from Italy! :cry:

The red nova was Lee's, and i have to say it scared me silly! Carbon doors flapping at 120mph lol. I have a little red nova also, went over in it last year. I was in the white evo 6 this year, just learning how to drive it ;)

Karl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts