Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after going to Japfest at silverstone and back and going on holiday yesterday to Center Parcs me and my misses noticed while we were in traffic the car is making a ticking tapping sound, I will do a video at the end of the week when we go and get the car from the car park but what would people say it could be. The car was hot after driving to Suffolk and was low in the revs as just crawling into Center Parcs in the traffic.

Just worried for the journey home if it's anything serious?

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Have you checked the oil level? If you increase the revs a small amount when stationary, does the noise stop?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like it's coming from the tappets it's also idling funny, sounds like it's missing a beat almost

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oil level is fine as we did a oil change just before driving it far so I wanted it changed before all the trips

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Mines started doing something similar but from inside the car it sounds like it's coming from the passenger footwell.

I've narrowed it down to the boost solenoid, why it's started clicking now I don't know.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mines started doing something similar but from inside the car it sounds like it's coming from the passenger footwell.

I've narrowed it down to the boost solenoid, why it's started clicking now I don't know.
I remember them being a problem when I worked for Mitsubishi, mine sounds more tappy top end to me, going to buy and fit some lashes as the cars coming up to about 75k now so will see what happens after fitting them

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a video I got from last night after we got back from holiday, you can hear it when I slightly rev the car

People's thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Honestly I can't hear what your describing in that video, I watched it twice over too.

Once your tuned into a noise it's difficult not to hear it but I certainly couldn't hear anything that would concern me personally.

Check all the bolts are tight on the water pump pulley as mine worked loose last year and made a tapping noise on idle as it rattled about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts