Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVO IX has been reviewed by E P-B in the Sun. She seemed to like it.

Thought I ought to 'big' her up after my recent e-mail run in with her.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have just been reading the 9 review in Autocar and to be honest the styling of the car looks like a step back from the 8 :(

I can't help but think the front looks exactly the same as the 7 but with the 2 added holes in the bumper.. and what is that plasticky thing in the back bumper all about :confused:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
R-Jay said:
I have just been reading the 9 review in Autocar and to be honest the styling of the car looks like a step back from the 8 :(

I can't help but think the front looks exactly the same as the 7 but with the 2 added holes in the bumper.. and what is that plasticky thing in the back bumper all about :confused:
Hey, you have to see the rear of the car in the flesh to fully appreciate it. As for the front, indeed - but I think it will grow on me (still prefer the 'front' of my old VIII MR though). :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by R-Jay
I have just been reading the 9 review in Autocar and to be honest the styling of the car looks like a step back from the 8

I can't help but think the front looks exactly the same as the 7 but with the 2 added holes in the bumper.. and what is that plasticky thing in the back bumper all about
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"plasticky thing in back bumper" is a diffuser. According to Mitsubishi it 'controls the flow of air past the underbody and stops exhaust gas residues collecting on the rear bumper

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Hey, you have to see the rear of the car in the flesh to fully appreciate it. As for the front, indeed - but I think it will grow on me (still prefer the 'front' of my old VIII MR though). :)
True ;)

I didn't like 7 when I first saw it, then went and got one.

I didn't like the 8 when I first saw it then went and got one.

I don't like the 9 at the moment but following tradition I will probably end up liking it and getting one :D

I am assuming you have got yours finally :confused:

If so, where are the pics etc.....

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
:confused:
apart from Mitsubishi's explanation.....
what's the point of having a 'diffuser' on a road car ?
....especially one that sits high(off the deck) at the back and where the underneath isn't exactly flat

edited to add:
also, my understanding is that it has to extend further out from the body at the back to work ?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
R-Jay said:
True ;)

I didn't like 7 when I first saw it, then went and got one.

I didn't like the 8 when I first saw it then went and got one.

I don't like the 9 at the moment but following tradition I will probably end up liking it and getting one :D

I am assuming you have got yours finally :confused:

If so, where are the pics etc.....
Still awaiting model report prior to SVA conv (its also getting a decent alarm system fitted to it at the moment).

·
Registered
11 Posts
....especially one that sits high(off the deck) at the back and where the underneath isn't exactly flat

I'm no aerodynamics expert but....
a) its not a proper diffuser but in theory it should still work like inverse of aeroplane wing and speed up flow of air under car generating downforce
b)personally I think they incorporated to differentiate it from 8 and also because it looks cool and fast

·
Registered
11 Posts
Emma will you be upgrading, or don`t you think it`s a big enough step forward, to warrant change?

I haven't thought about much else since I drove it.
Is it a big step forward? I think so.
Performance-wise, and this is only my opinion, you can definitely feel difference in low-down torque and power delivery seems smoother but I didn't notice much difference in top end acceleration.
Although I wasn't convinced by revised exterior in photos, especially the circular cooling ducts, I ended up loving it
Head says one thing, heart says another.
But I want to get my grubby paws on the FQ340 which is surely the one to get.
What do you think? Are you feeling nervous about the X?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
sniffmydiff said:
But I want to get my grubby paws on the FQ340 which is surely the one to get.

Can't you just blag a 'long term evaluation unit' from Mitsubishi? ;)

Hmm you remind me of a guy called Mosi for some reason.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
NO.3 said:
the also did a review in auto car on the evo 9 fq320 its been on the shelf since monday
How have Mitsi FQ'd either of their 9's so far, AFAIK they are still awaiting SVA?

·
Registered
304 Posts
hobbers said:
EVO IX has been reviewed by E P-B in the Sun. She seemed to like it.

Thought I ought to 'big' her up after my recent e-mail run in with her.
she got to drive a IX FQ-320 Twin turbo :confused:

and she loves evo's so much :crackup:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
xlr8 said:
:confused:
apart from Mitsubishi's explanation.....

edited to add:
also, my understanding is that it has to extend further out from the body at the back to work ?
I always thought that the diffuser was the last bit of the channels under cars that make use of the Venturi effect. As such, the bit of plastic on the IX would do approximately **** all as it doesn't have any channels.

Can someone tell me otherwise?

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I would have thought there should be some sort of completely flat undertray until the ductts at the end....ferrari 360 style.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts