Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need someone to take a look at a map (especially the Mivec Table) from a Haltech PNP for a evo ix. On the first run, the ceramic was broken off in #4 cylinder. replaced it and then it bent the spark plug strap on the same cylinder.

tuner said everything look fine in the logs and this was not detonation. need to get a second opinion.

thanks.

greg

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I need someone to take a look at a map (especially the Mivec Table) from a Haltech PNP for a evo ix. On the first run, the ceramic was broken off in #4 cylinder. replaced it and then it bent the spark plug strap on the same cylinder.

tuner said everything look fine in the logs and this was not detonation. need to get a second opinion.

thanks.

greg
I can take a look at the file

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
when the car was on the stock ecu, I had zero problems. now with the haltech and the mivec being tune to help with quicker boost response, the car had problems from the start.

both tune was on the same 98Octane gas.

compared to the stock mivec map, the haltech map seems aggressive , just by looking at the values. I dunno.

so, do you think I should put back the base mivec map?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
the fuel map looks awful.
timing is a bit more than i would go for but it also depends of fuel etc and if there is any detonation.
in short i wouldnt be using that map on anything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fuel used is a mixture of 2 gallon VP C16 (116 Octane) ) to 5 gallon 95RON (91 Octane). This works out to be ~ 98 Octane.

In your opinion, should I back down the timing by 1-2 degree on the whole map?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
fuel used is a mixture of 2 gallon VP C16 (116 Octane) ) to 5 gallon 95RON (91 Octane). This works out to be ~ 98 Octane.

In your opinion, should I back down the timing by 1-2 degree on the whole map?
again its hard to say as it might be able to run that timing with your fuel mix. i dont know enough about the spec of the car to make a definitive judgement. the fact your running C16 will help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
top pic is a base fuel map based on VE
Bottom is yours based on injection time in ms
help me understand this. tuning by inj time, all values are the same for the columns, whereas on the ve map values are different. was this done by the tuner for quicker tuning or is there some other way he is manipulating the a/f ratio?

also if you look at the injector size set up, he is still using the stock size injector values, where in fact I am using ID850cc injectors.how is this possible?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Again the guy who has set this up in my opinion doesnt have a clue what hes doing. Your best getting someone with a better knowledge to set this up. You would be beter sticking standard injectors back in and using a base map then get it tuned properly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts